Glass Anemones/tank Partitions For 55?

13thmonkey

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i am having one heck of a time with glass anemones. most people i have talked to say that they have had success with peppermint shrimp. the problem i have is this, i have a longnosed hawkfish. i was wondering if anyone made a partition that i could quarintine my hawk to one side and a peppermint to the otherside. then switch them. or if anyone has any other ideas for riding these pesky nems id happily listen.

A quarantine of the hawkfish would be a great idea. If thats too much trouble, you could consider squirts of joes juice or better yet cause you're in the states, get your hands on a Berghia Nudbranch which will DEFINITELY wipe the aiptasia out.

joes juice? would it hurt desirable nems? as far as the berghia would this turn out to be a nucence for any thing else ? or would anything i have be a potential predator of the berghia? i have a yellow tang, neon dottyback, two ocellaris, blue/yellow tail damsel, longnosed hawk, emerald mithrax, (7)blue leg dwarf hermits, couple turbo snails, two bubble tip nems (large and real small), starburst polyp, zooanthid, ricordia, striped mushroom, and a brain coral (Trachyphyllia).

Berghia Nudibranchs are the absoloute ideal predator for aiptasia. They ONLY eat aiptasia, are exceptionally diminutive in size (1-5mm) and when finished with ridding your tank of aiptasia will perish and not harm the water column (since they're so small). The only thing I MIGHT be concerned with would be the dottyback or the hawk trying to eat them, but usually they take one nibble, taste something HORRIBLE, and dont eat them ;)

For joes juice, you just squirt a drop or two at the aip which recieves a concentrated dose. The concoction quickly dissipates in the large tank volume. Just kill like 2 a day and you should see no adverse affects to other organisms

Most reactions

Back