Give Me A Pleco Please

sXeLifer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Im in the middle of looking for a plec to go into my tank and would like you guys to recommend me one, I had a common plec a while ago but now i am looking for something a bit more specific.

Tank specs:

Size - 110L
Temp - 28
decor - 2 bits of bog wood, various live plants, sand as substrate. Cave on its way for when i get one.
Tank mates - 4 cories, 4 rosy tetras, 1 bala shark, 2 thin line loaches, 1 glass shrimp
Water changes 1/3 every week.

Would like to find a nice plec that costs less than £15 and grows to no more than 15cm

Thanks

Dan

i was recently looking at plecs int that price range, but there seems to be a bit of a vaccuum, expecially if you dont go online. i found hardly anything between 6-7 quid and 20 quid. at 6 quid you're buying something like BN, rubbernose, pitbull, or common/sailfin, then theres nothing until you get to 20 odd quid when you're buying baby L numbers. few weeks ago i almost brought a baby royal panaque for 22 quid, just to grow out in my tank and sell for the 50 quid+ he would be worth.

get yourself a couple of bristlenoses, or if you can get rubbernoses/bulldog id say you could 3 or 4 as they stay small.

Personally wouldn't add a pleco until you have got rid of the Bala Shark, its way too big for your tank

Ok thanks all, dont worry the bala is going on monday, I dont trust him with my live plants I'm about to add :D

Most reactions

Back