giant plakat

black angel

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
i got a giant plakat from bettaman and have no idea if he requires anything different from other bettas as i saw him and fell in love. he is now in my 34 gallon as i think he will need the room.
if in the future i decide to breed from him what can i cross him with to get lovely looking bettas? do i need to get females of his kind or will any plakat female be good enough to keep his line/size going?
heres a couple of pics.

P7221004.jpg

P7221005.jpg

could you get a pic of him next to a dollar or ruler or something so i can see how big he his. hes very pretty. lol you must like him ALOT to have him in a 34 all alone :p

well since the last time i posted he doesnt look too well so i have moved him into the quarantine tank and im going to salt it.
looks like he might have ick poor thing.

as for getting another pic, i couldnt find my tape measure and i dont have american money, so i looked for something universal and chose a cd cover.
hope that helps you judge what size he is.
i think around two and a half inches and hes really thick set too. i think hes pretty young as well.
P7221031.jpg

lol i jus looked at him an i was like "he kinda fat :p" he is very pretty i dont think bettas take special care pending from fish to fish. so im pretty sure your doing things good. hope he gets better from the ick.

thanks alix, so do i hope he gets better.

he needs nothing different apart from room......not sure how he would have ich as was on my barracks system yesterday and no other fish has any singe of it was that an established tank he was put in if so with the stress it may have been in the tank already and as he is low from traveling it would attack him straight away.....the whole barracks is on a central system and has a ultraviolet light system as well....a little salt will keep it from reappearing but you will need to keep it in for the whole cycle......... :D

If you breed him with just a plakat female, you'll only get half-giants. So if you want the BIG ones, you need to get a giant female, also. Are you sure he's full giant? He'd be much bigger if he were full.

he is a full giant only young so a lot of growing to do .........will be getting some female soon....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ahhhh, I was assuming because it was you, Bettaman, that he was full, but I had to ask. He's going to be SO HUGE. Yeah, definitely send him out some giant girls... and then send me some of the spawn!!!

ya i think he must be small to be a GIANT :D but he will be big. wish i had something other then a VT but closest of any sort is atleast 45min drive

He's gorgeous! I want a giant!! :hyper:
*sniffle* Curse my being American and unable to get any lovely Bettaman bettas :sad:

Hes a beut

I saw him on the breeders site that BM got him from. And was Contemplating getting a Giant. But A gaint would not get on with Angels and Rams.

He's lovely, and Spawn Please - I'll Have some.

if he was bred with a normal size fish but she would have to be a large female and the pure strain would go and you would get half and half but future generations would throw the small plakat as well as giants..... :rofl: :rofl:

hi bettaman :)
i divided a part of the 34 off so he could get over the journey but he did have a couple of white spots on his tail and a white fungusy one came up on his head. i introduced him slowly as i did with the other male i got from you with no problem.
after 6 hours he still wasnt happy with clamped fins and darting movements so i put him into the 16 quarantine tank. both tanks have been established for a year so no problems there and the 34 has a few small fish in it to keep it cycled and its monitored and tested on a regular basis.
after salting the smaller tank to .1% this morning he is looking heaps better, all the spots have gone and hes swimming around with his tail open.
i think too it was the stress of travelling as he was in a really small bag considering his size.
could you get me a couple of female giant plakats for me?
the only female i have is the veiltail and she is just a little bit smaller than what he is now, but i would really like to use a giant female and hopefully breed him at the end of the year or next year as i can easily move the fish in the 34 gallon.
thanks
He is so lovely i want to take him out the tank and give him a cuddle... :*)

i purchased a pair myself to see how they spawn.....the male builds a big nest and the bubbles are big too nothing happened yet female keeps looking so will be soon.......
giant-setup.JPG

giant-male.JPG

giant-female.JPG

giant-bubbles.JPG

so when or if i get any you can have a female for breeding just pay postage

so will keep you posted on the progress of them sorry about the phot`s its the yellow water from almond leafs that makes it go blurry......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Most reactions

Back