Ghsot knife fish!

Depends what diet you give them. Live food, all the time will get em' big, and fast, maybe 10inch first year, 15 inch second, 20inch third and 24 inch fifth.Yes fifth, not fourth. And thats on the best live food ever for there whole life.

Hey Shoto^Guy,

maybe you should listen to some of the good advice your being given.

Otherwise you will end up with a lot of missing/dead fish pretty quickly...... :no:

Shoto^Guy said:
They get so big??? Oh man....
Yes, quite big, but the great thing about them is there like a real pet, and are 'ray-like' which makes them look nice. :D :thumbs:

I heard live foods are better for them, but i had a hard time finding live food for them coz they are still relatively small in size, so thye really need very small fishes to feed...so far i have been feeding them live blood worms...but they doesn;t seemt to like it...

Can I see a pic of one if anyone has one? they sound very interesting and maybe later on in life when I get a bigger tank I will get one. I really wanna see what they look like!!

Yes, mike, here I found a picture of a giant black ghost knife! Almost fully grown too.

blackghost_lg.jpg

Just getting a big tank! Huge tank! I think 70 gallons maybe minimum.

70 gallons???? oh gosh dats really BIG! But they dun seem to grow veyr fast for my case....

ive had my BGK for about 4 months and he's grown an inch...if that.....and i never feed live foods to my fish.......he knows when feeding time is and he happily feeds on pellets and granuals

i havent seen him chase any fish or even give a dodgy look to any of the others.....but...i have heard that they can be nasty when fully grown

my Bgk came out and about for the first time yesterday and ate some bloodworm I dropped. It is so friendly with the other fish I have except my rainbow shark. They had a little scamble in the log I had so I put a huge ornament and he loves that. But something I thought that is quite scary in a way. For those of you that have seen a bgk maybe 8" long (clearer at that size or bigger) that they have a big mouth, much like a moray eel, that mouth is going to get mighty big once it hit the ole' Too-Four! And with added aggression it will not be good for communities or other small fish. I may be housing mine with a plecostumus so, I'll have to see how its life envelopes before my prying eyes. :fun:

Ok quick recap Sorry I have no business in this conversation but here goes

IN VERY PLAIN ENGLISH

YOUR FIVE FISH or maybe just four WILL DIE :rip:

They WILL NOT be able to find food THEY WILL starve because they need a clear area to use the electricity they have to find food

IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT THEY DO NOT SWIM CLOSE TOGETHER within the realms of a little tank (counting here anything under the 300 gallon as CFC mentioned as too little) as you said to the comment from Eelzor that 70 gallons is what is needed for one
70 gallons???? oh gosh dats really BIG
I take it you do not have the 350gallonish 5 will need? I KNOW this means FULLY grown, I KNOW that yours are small, I FEEL that even when small that MORE than ONE will STILL interfer with the other ones ONLY way to find food THEY STILL NEED SPACE BETWEEN THEM

so far i have been feeding them live blood worms...but they doesn;t seemt to like it...
they probably DO like them, they MAY love them, they just have NO BLOODY WAY TO FIND THEM!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE GOING TO KILL THESE FISH THEY WILL STARVE IN THE LAND OF PLENTY :byebye:

Please please please listen to CFC Jump man and I

(oh and before you take the cash to the fishshop next time do a little research :huh: please)

This whole idea that the fact that the BGKs "don't swim close to each other" will make it ok for there electrical way of navigation to work properly is WAY OFF. The fact that electricity travels is one of the reasons why it works so well to run things like your computer that you are reading this on. The fact that electricity travels from its source, using the conductive materials (wire) to get to the appliance you are powering is why it is so great to use as a power source. So in your tank, when your BGK emits a small electric pulse, that electric pulse is not confined to just the small area around the BGK but the ENTIRE TANK FEELS THAT PULSE! This is why your BGKs will become stressed out even before they get too large to be housed in your small tank, take 4 of your BGKs to your local pet store and ask for store credit (to get the best deal). This case is a good illustration of why we always tell new people to the hobby to do research and READ about the animals they want to care for.

Shoto,
You could send me one........................I'll take one off your hands!!!! :nod:
Nice of me to offer, huh? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
How about a pic? :dunno:
Deb

Most reactions

Back