Ghost Shrimp W/ Bettas while breeding?

jasong8301

Reaction score
Im new to this so please help me out...would ghost shrimp be a good idea to have in the breeding tank while trying to breed? i have 10 or so in right now with the mail and female but it doesnt seem to be distracting anything....thanx a lot

Yep, ghost shrimp are predatory and would just love to munch on a tiny fry... snails are good, though :)
My fry tank has turned into a snail breeding tank as well, lol

daudy_dojo said:
what snail produces lil waist?
None of them! :rofl:
I've heard, however, that the waste they produce is easier for infurosia to use than whatever the snail is eating to begin with, and the fry will eat the infurosia so I consider it beneficial... I'd rather have little clumps of snail poo to vacuum up than a tank bottom covered in dead microworms (which is what I'd have otherwise)

I wouldnt if i were you...the shrimp will probably attack the fry when they're helpless so yea...

thanx a lot guys i really dident think so, i heard about the snails too but nowhere around here sells them and ebay ppl charge too much for shipping, what about adding shrimp after fry are free swimming?.....hmmm thanx a lot!!!

Nope. The ghost shrimp will eat any fry they can catch, even up to almost half an inch Guppy fry (I learned that one the hard way, by finding a Guppy fry in my Ghost Shrimp's mouth. The fry lived because I extracted it, but only because I extracted it).

Most reactions

Back