Getting Food To All My Fish

wildechild_01

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I recently picked up 2 Botia Kubotai (Polka Dot Loaches) and they are a beautiful addittion to my tank, however at feeding time tiger barbs seem to eat all the food, i purchased sinking food pellets but the barbs simply snatch them on the way down, i am concerned that the Botia are not geting any food. I have read in other places that it is best to drop pellets after lights out and am wondering if that is what i should be doing here. any help would be appreciated, Thanks

My tiger barbs we're able to hunt out food when it was pitch black.

You can try braking up a few wafers into small peices and spread them out when you drop them in so they have a higher chance of getting a meal.

My Tiger barbs are so fast they were always eating the food before my Gouramis could get any, what I found that works for me is to put a bit of food one end of the tank and then when while the Barbs are eating that I put some at the other end of the tank and then a bit in the middle. They all seem to get some foood now.

Thanks for the input, i will try the after dark feeding today and see how that goes, i am not 100% sure how it will go as my tank has blue "Moon light" leds, but hopefully it is dark enough... thanks again :) I was also wondering if i should get a Larger sinking food, right now i have pellets that the barbs can eat if i got larger wafers would the loaches be able to pick at them and break bits off or do i need to keep using the smaller pellets? ha ha wow i have lots of questions

Success!!!! i got food to the bottom of the tank... a little too much actually but at least it is there. Oddly though, the one loach seemed to gather pelets and drag them back to their prefered hide out? is this normal behaviour for them, one loach gathering food for the other? mostly curious, thanks for the help with getting them food. One of my Tiger Barbs snagged a few pelets, but he is a bit of a pig anyway.

Most reactions

Back