Getting A New Cold Water Tank Please Can You Help?

Dextersmummy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I hope you can help, Firstly nice to meet you all :) Ive always loved fish and have had them since I was a child, Ive always wanted a corner aquarium so saved and saved and at last I think I may have enough, but I cant decide what to do, you see ive always had internal filters and now ive come up against the fact that some have external filters and im not sure which is best? Really there is only two corner tanks I can find to choose from, the Juwel Trigon 190 and the Fluval Venezia 190, The main diffierence in them being the filters, one inside and one outside, I currently have a Fluval Roma 125 so have had fluvals before but I keep reading bad things about this aquarium the filter leaking and condensation yet at the same time Ive read positives and its the same with the juwel people say the filter is hard to get to?
Id REALLY appreciate your opinions or even suggestions for a nice tank? id consider a bow fronted but I would like a corner, why isnt there many around anymore? many thanks xx

I've previously had a juwel tank and now have the fluval Venezia 190. I found the juwel build quality far superior, so personally I would go for the juwel trigon but upgrade the filter to an external one. You could always do that at a later date to help spread the cost. Definitely worth looking on eBay etc as many of the juwel tanks for sale have already had their filters upgraded. The external filter that comes with the fluval is underpowered for the size of tank so you'd probably want to upgrade it anyway, therefore it doesn't have such an advantage over the juwel if you factor this in. My only real problems with having a corner tank are the distorted view and reaching the back and the bottom. I have to stand on a stool to do any planting etc!

Oh, and sorry, forgot to say hello and welcome :lol:

Also, I've not had any problems with leaking or condensation on the Venezia.

Thank you so much, I was worried to about getting to the back of the juwel, I have always had a internal filter so this dosent worry me, can you reccomend if not any nice bow fronted tank? the thing is I didnt take into mind distortion view :( is it bad as I want the best tank for seeing my fish really, and thanks for the welcome :)

I have looked at this before though my partner dosent like it, what do you think? http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquariums/aqua-one/aqua-one-design-aquariums/aqua-one-aqua-mode-900-half-round-aquarium-silver-and-wood-cabinet.html what will be best for vision? what type of aquarium? xx

Salt cod, your tank looks amazing. I see you have sand, how is that working out, is it easy to clean? How about using it as a medium for planting plants in, does it support the roots well? Sorry, i am new to this site so i have no idea if i am doing something wrong by butting in on this forum about a completly irelevant topic. :D

Salt cod, your tank looks amazing. I see you have sand, how is that working out, is it easy to clean? How about using it as a medium for planting plants in, does it support the roots well? Sorry, i am new to this site so i have no idea if i am doing something wrong by butting in on this forum about a completly irelevant topic. :D

Hi, thanks for the compliment! I switched to sand (argos play sand) a few weeks ago as I got fed up with all the "dust" my plant substrate kicked up every time I did a gravel clean. I'm loving the sand! It's very easy to clean as all the waste sits on the surface so you just need to hover your gravel cleaner just above it. I've also found it grips the plants really well. I buried a few API root tabs in the sand and will probably invest in some TNC fertiliser at some point. The plants are def. trial and error. I find elodea densa, java fern and anubias grow ok for me. Java moss and peacock moss, vallis, frogbit and anything pink/red I fail at miserably!

Hi, thanks for the compliment! I switched to sand (argos play sand) a few weeks ago as I got fed up with all the "dust" my plant substrate kicked up every time I did a gravel clean.

I know exactly what you mean! :) The same happens here... sand sounds good though and i think it'll make my tank look alittle bigger, being light and all.

Juwel trigon 190. What I had a whole back before moving house. Lovely tank and I just in general profer juwel tanks to any others.

Most reactions

Back