George's Nano Journal

Looks good George, the background in particular. Any reason you didnt get a blue background from your LFS?
Thanks Sam.

I became inspired by my recent trip to Snowdonia where the photo of the background (sky) was taken. It seems fitting to use it here. I think the shades of blue are nicer too. Another bonus was that the print is exactly 12x8" so matched the glass perfectly.

Looks great george! love the background!

IMO the centre rock could do with shifting slightly off centre. But what do i know?. What kind of diffuser is that your using George? Is that some kind of external reactor?

Any body aquascaped their aquacube yet?

The diffuser is just an airstone, also the aquacube tanks haven't been shipped off yet due to the ammount that need to be ordered. We are hoping to get them in December/January.

Neal

Looks great george! love the background!

IMO the centre rock could do with shifting slightly off centre. But what do i know?. What kind of diffuser is that your using George? Is that some kind of external reactor?

Any body aquascaped their aquacube yet?
Thanks.

The main stone is slightly off centre, not 1:1.618 but I like it. I think the two smaller stones help to provide an aesthetic balance to the near-symmetry. I'm hopeful that the hairgrass accents will provide additional harmony to the aquascape. It is interesting to hear from other perspectives though, it is virtually impossible to produce a composition that appeals to everyone. Tastes vary.

The CO2 diffuser isn't a typical airstone like it may appear. http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...products_id=676

As you can hopefully tell from the photos the diffuser is simply placed in the water flow from the HOB filter to allow the CO2 mist to effectively distribute through the water column. When it is all up and running again I will hopefully get a photo of the CO2 mist in action.

Plants despatched today, special delivery to guarantee arrival before 1pm tomorrow (Wed 25th). I'm away all day so planting will commence Thursday, I've even got the day off work.

I will get the tank filled and CO2 running tonight, ready for the missus to pop in the pots tomorrow.

Yesterday my Tropica plants from Aqua Essentials turned up in excellent condition.

I was working away all day so the missus kindly sat the pots in the aquarium. I had already set the CO2 and lights on a timer . I stepped through my kitchen door I was greeted by some very healthy looking and pearling plants. When these photos were taken the lights had been on for two hours.

I'm sure you'll agree these plants look top notch, a credit to their growers and suppliers.

Close-up of HC

Now for the exciting task of planting. Obviously I'll keep you updated.

8) Nice

How much HC did you get :eek: loads by the looks of it. I think i would of only bought 3 pots myself.
5 pots of HC, 2 hairgrass. I figured there's no such thing as too many plants in a new tank, especially as there's no fast weeds in there.

Note I've moved the CO2 diffuser too, like yours Graeme, much better. :good:

Looking very nice George, you can never be too sure of how many plants to get, and if you have to much, you can always use them in a different tank or swap/sell the remainder of it. I have one of them little HOB filters, i'm wondering wether or not to use it on my PFK cube, but i'm not sure what I could do with the internal, I suppose I could just store it, but it's explaining to my mam, but there again, it was the magazine she payed for, not the free gift, but it was because of it she bought it. BINGO!
Neal

Your wife has such a talent for aquascaping. I mean, really, you're rubbing off on her. That's contest level, right there! I love how the golden ration was applied by setting one pot of HC right on top. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! :lol:

Just joking, :lol: Plants are absolutely fantastic, George! Wow! You're right, top-notch stuff. This is going to be a great setup.

llj :good:

Most reactions

Back