Galaxy Rasbora Or Endlers?

Galaxy rasbora or endlers?

• Total voters

ryan167

Reaction score
what do you guys think for a fluval edge once it arrives in one piece lol!!! :S

Microrasbora all the way!! There are tonnes of different species!! I dont have the Celestial Pearl Danios as they are now known as (not galaxy rasbora any more tho its a far better name!!) because their prices have rocketed again and i resent selling such a tiny fish at something daft like £4-5 each!

My current favourite is the pink and purple microrasbora "Boraras merah" which is fairly easy to come by.

Endlers are total thugs with 'little fish syndrome'!! I had to remove the last 2 from my 260L heavily planted tank as they were harassing my fish to death... they even bullied my breeding pair of kribensis and my adult pearl gouramis who i thought might kindajust... well... eat them!! But oooohhh nooooo... make me catch the blighters!! Had to use a tube and siphon them out the tank into a bucket as they were too fast for the net LOL.

Microrasbora all the way!! There are tonnes of different species!! I dont have the Celestial Pearl Danios as they are now known as (not galaxy rasbora any more tho its a far better name!!) because their prices have rocketed again and i resent selling such a tiny fish at something daft like £4-5 each!

My current favourite is the pink and purple microrasbora "Boraras merah" which is fairly easy to come by.

Endlers are total thugs with 'little fish syndrome'!! I had to remove the last 2 from my 260L heavily planted tank as they were harassing my fish to death... they even bullied my breeding pair of kribensis and my adult pearl gouramis who i thought might kindajust... well... eat them!! But oooohhh nooooo... make me catch the blighters!! Had to use a tube and siphon them out the tank into a bucket as they were too fast for the net LOL.

yes i think i remember seeing those also referred to as phoenix rasbora somewhere! how much are the galaxy's roughly? :S

Galaxy's are expensive :p usually about £4 each!!! Leave them till last, i think their price will drop again later in the year, it always seems to with them!!

Microrasbora... usually on the £2, 6 for £10 mark, i was selling mine at £1 each to move them as they kept going through strainers and into the sump with the big fish >.<

I believe the Boraras Merah does go by the name of Phoenix Rasbora, i just love how the scientific name rolls off your tongue tho LOL

The Axelrodi red and green micro rasbora and crossbanded microrasbora look great!

Galaxy's are expensive :p usually about £4 each!!! Leave them till last, i think their price will drop again later in the year, it always seems to with them!!

Microrasbora... usually on the £2, 6 for £10 mark, i was selling mine at £1 each to move them as they kept going through strainers and into the sump with the big fish >.<

I believe the Boraras Merah does go by the name of Phoenix Rasbora, i just love how the scientific name rolls off your tongue tho LOL

The Axelrodi red and green micro rasbora and crossbanded microrasbora look great!

yea the scientific names are cool, if only i could remember them! haha :L

Right decided on CPD's. im thinking ten or this too many, ive been lookin at videos on youtube and every other edge seems to be heavily stocked in comparison to your suggestions of 7 or 8 shoaling fish! :)

Mm, they're probably overstocked ;)

I would add 6 to start with then add another one or two if the tank and filter could cope. Less is sometimes more. And they would like the extra swimming room.

Mm, they're probably overstocked ;)

I would add 6 to start with then add another one or two if the tank and filter could cope. Less is sometimes more. And they would like the extra swimming room.

yea i suppose thats the best way to go about it! i can get them off a seller on ebay for 2.99 each and 12 quid posted to Northern ireland which isnt bad! still havent rang the shops near me to see if they sell them! fingers crossed!!! :)

Just watched a few vids of them, they're lovely fish, and very active - I definitely think only 6 or 7 will be enough.

I'm sure any decent fish shop will be able to order them, might cost more individually but balances out the postage.

Hmm, I might want some now...!

Looking forward to pics eventually.

yea gonna ring a shop thats about 30 miles from me tomorrow! ill have to wait for parcel force and the company i bought off to sort everything out first so the pics may be a while :(

Yay :D

They are easy and beautiful fish to keep!

Dont underestimate the filter capacity on the fluval edge, its actually a very good filter.

I ran my Fluval Edge as a marine tank (literally.... as it is tropical set up but with salt and liverock in... with 2 clowns (i knew they'd outgrow it tho), a mantis shrimp, atiny goby, a tiny blenny, 2 hermit crabs and a few snails and some corals, it was verfed considering i had to feed coralstoo and the filter held up great!!!

The trick is to modify the filter a bit, i ditched the carbon, its pretty unecessary in most tanks!! Bought something called Polyfilter. Its aimed at marines and isnt cheap but the sponge takes out ALL the nasties. One pack can probably have 6 cut outs for the edge filter, each one lasting about a month!!

All carbon does is remove impurities from the water like colour, medication and smells. Polyfilter takes out the algae causing phosphates and nitrates which inevitably build up in a small tank...

Yay :D

They are easy and beautiful fish to keep!

Dont underestimate the filter capacity on the fluval edge, its actually a very good filter.

I ran my Fluval Edge as a marine tank (literally.... as it is tropical set up but with salt and liverock in... with 2 clowns (i knew they'd outgrow it tho), a mantis shrimp, atiny goby, a tiny blenny, 2 hermit crabs and a few snails and some corals, it was verfed considering i had to feed coralstoo and the filter held up great!!!

The trick is to modify the filter a bit, i ditched the carbon, its pretty unecessary in most tanks!! Bought something called Polyfilter. Its aimed at marines and isnt cheap but the sponge takes out ALL the nasties. One pack can probably have 6 cut outs for the edge filter, each one lasting about a month!!

All carbon does is remove impurities from the water like colour, medication and smells. Polyfilter takes out the algae causing phosphates and nitrates which inevitably build up in a small tank...

good advice! ;) I think ill go for 7 at first and see how they manage! then after a few months if possible ill think about a few more! :)

Got a phone call today, the new tanks being posted on monday, and i got to keep the broken one! ive already pulled the top off and the sides are fine so ive got it up and running in the mean time :D

Galaxy Rasbora all the way. Best stunning as large shoal in a large (200L+) well planted species tank.

So when will the galaxy danios be there? I am looking for some for my planted 10gal. I saw them once at my lfs and did not what they were. After I found out I did research on them and they are great fish . Now that I am ready for them I can't find them.

Most reactions

Back