Fungus!

marktank03

Reaction score
My largest angel fish has what looks to me like a fungus growth on his head, whats the easiest way to cure it (if any)

he had it about a month ago, and i bought sum meds, put that in, and it seemed to clear up, but its come back.

did i not use enough meds???

Please help, hes my little darlin'

Does the fungus look fluffy.
Need location for a med.

it doesnt llok overly fluffy, it looks like a ptch of white, but he seems fine, eatin fine swimmin fine, lookin gorgeous, none of my other fish have it or seem to be ill in any way.

Columnaris tends to appear on the head region, any red circling around the patch or a red spot in the centre.

il have to check when i get home (at work!!)

but just thinkin about it, i dnt remember seeing any red at all, and it can only really be seen when hes facing me, if i look from the side its hard to see, cud it be just the way hes grown???!!!

thanks wilder, il have a look at that site when i get home and can sort it out, hes never had a problem in the year and a half iv had him, hes been through the wars , was attacked by kribs the day i got himn, his angel friend was ripped to shreds and died :( he was ripped to shreds and i though was a gonner, but he magicly recovered, il be devestated to loose him :sad:

As long as you get on top of the situation fast he should be ok, but you will need meds, in the uk you will need myxazin and primafix.

il go shopping tommorrow then, he seems fine in himself though, so just thought it was a bit odd.

Thanks for the help Wilder :good:

Some water changes too, good luck.

Most reactions

Back