Fungus On Eggs

is this available from my lfs or do i need to get it from somewhere else ?

thanks again

P.S all the eggs went fungus :-( but hopefully i will have more soon

eggs go to fungus when the parents aren't fanning them or when there isn't enough flow going over them.

most LFS should sell it.

The eggs need to be agitated and like Paul MTS said it is done when the parents fan them. If you've removed the eggs from the parents you'll need to stick in an airpump near to them to replicate what the parents do :)

Hi Italian_Stallion :)

What kind of eggs are they? Have you moved them by hand, or otherwise touched them? :unsure:

I raise corydoras and, probably like all eggs, sometimes they get fungus. I'm lucky that the eggs usually hatch in about 4 days and that's quick enough to keep it from spreading one to another.

The most common cause of fungus in cory eggs is that some are not fertile. These, since they aren't alive, just fade away and fungus just devours them. Damage, in any way that could make them nonviable, could have the same result. These things you will have little or no control over.

Other than that, most eggs need adequate water circulation over them. This washes away bacteria and microscopic debris that could damage them and result in a fungus attack. Corys need very strong water circulation, but other fish have different requirements. In the case of gouramis and bettas, for example, the male cleans the eggs himself so moving water, which would break up their bubble nests, is not needed. I would suggest looking into the specific needs of your fish in the forum dedicated to them.

Methylene blue is sometimes used by aquarists to prevent fungus, but IMHO, nothing works as well as carefully duplicating the conditions required by nature. If your fish require water circulation around them, no chemical will take its place. :D

hi, they were german blue ram eggs. they were on a piece of wood in my tank so i moved the whole piece to there own 2 foot tank with a sponge filter. next time i get eggs should i put an airstone next to them ? and do you think the rams will spawn again ?

thanx

Most reactions

Back