Fungus On Bog Wood.

nurglespuss

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi my One of my aquariums with bog wood that was soaked for ~2weeks has fungus starting to grow on the bog wood. I've experienced this before (kind of a slimy/wafty white-opaqueish fungus) on small pieces, but have just removed and washed em. However thistime its on a much larger piece.... Which i am loathe to remove!

If I leave it is it harmless, and will it eventually give up/get eaten by snails etc. or should I drop the water level and remove it...

My fish are perfectly happy, active and healthy/feeding well. Nothigns untoward in any way, so should I just ignore it?

hi, i was just wondering how long have you had it and is it genuine bog wood. where did you get it. a lot of wood will rot in water. you get what you pay for i'm afraid

hi there. Yes its definately bog wood, paid £50 a kilo for it at my local Maidenhead... I don't think its harmful, aesthetically unpleasing :p

It's due to sap still being present in the wood. Removing the wood and giving it a good scrub down, along with leaving it the airing cupboard long enough to dry out will generally solve the problem.

btw, you're right, it isn't harmful.

regards
The fool from the other thread...

Thank you for the advice.

I pity the fool that follows me from thread to thread.

thanks again. fresh start? I'll appologise first.....

I pity the fool that follows me from thread to thread.
mrt.jpg

" I ain't got no time for the jibba jabba! My nitrate is 50 and I've got to do a water change now sucka."

Fungus developed on my mopani wood shortly after it was introduced to my tank. It took a couple times of scrubbing it with a brush before it didn't return.

Most reactions

Back