Full Marine Figure 8 Puffer?

nikkifro8994

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i was at my lsf looking for a lid for my tank yesterday when stupid me HAD to go see the clownfish they had just gotten. i was talking to the man who cares for their fish about my figure 8 puffer. i asked him about tankmates and he said that i was limited with brackish fish. but i could change him to full marine and have more options such as clownfish or yellow tangs. immediately i was thinking this was bs and he is just trying to sell fish.

is it even remotely possible to keep a figure 8 puffer in full marine? i know the clownfish bit is a lie. my puffer would bully it to death.
Thanks!
Nikki

I've heard stories, and I think there are a couple members with full marine Figure 8's. I know its a slow process to convert the fish though

if i did convert him to full marine, what other fish could i put in with him? i dont think clownfish and yellow tangs would work out.

not sure about figure 8's, but you can do that with a Green Spotted Puffer.

Here's a journal from one of the memebers about doing it....

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/318425-green-spotted-puffer-tank-journal/page__p__2641854__fromsearch__1#entry2641854

Im pretty sure that figure 8 puffers actually do need full marine once fully grown...

nope f8 puffers should only be kept in low end brackish water, green spotted puffers are high end brackish to full marine :)

nope f8 puffers should only be kept in low end brackish water, green spotted puffers are high end brackish to full marine :)

lol thanks for correcting that, im more of a fw puffer guy myself

Most reactions

Back