Fry!

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Reaction score
HELP! My 2 new bettas seem to have brought some babies with them! My friend was watching them and saw a fry! I ran to get a jug to catch it in, and it was eaten :( But then we saw another! I have NO spare tank so it is in some water in a jug. It is TINY, barely noticeable, and very dark in colour. All I have is some Liquifry no 2, which I have tried to feed it., What do I do? No room for another tank. no money either. The fry is in our back room which tends to be pretty warm. HELP!!!!! I'd like to try to grow him out. In 2 weeks, Loki will join the divided tank, so i will have a quarantine then. What else can I do??????

What were the bettas in with when you bought them Tibby. Chances are they are some type of livebearers fry. If it's really tiny then it should eat what you have or you could try to grind up some pellets or flake so it's really small. Maybe float him in a tub in your tank to keep the temp stable for him.

Netty, I a m A LITTLE

em drunk. we are having a parytt. Buty, the bettas were inwithmmore bettas. They werr all separeted. But the shop aer alaayways messing withbabies. I am sure this is a baby betta, A mate says if U c ann grow itm he will have it,.... he ia a zooologost. so he wil; taqke good car xx

Netty, I a m A LITTLE

em drunk. we are having a parytt. Buty, the bettas were inwithmmore bettas. They werr all separeted. But the shop aer alaayways messing withbabies. I am sure this is a baby betta, A mate says if U c ann grow itm he will have it,.... he ia a zooologost. so he wil; taqke good car xx

3 hours and you seem in a right state lol, would love to see you after 6 :lol:

ps, dnot gte too durnk

to late, you already are :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OMG Tibby.....you are wasted. Don't envy your head in the morning :drinks: :- :- :lol:

Lol right on Tibby. No idea what you are on about tho :lol:

what kind of betta is it?

seperate the baby out into a tank with shallow water and no substrate at first and grind up adult pellets to a powder, feed two or three times a day. your going to have to do regular water changes to keep the bottem clean.

and take some asprin with a jug of gatoraide tonight before you get to bed:)

LOL! State of my typing last night! I ended up asleep fully clothed, after going to the loo and deciding to look at the bettas for a minute... they are all in my bedroom so I lay down, and next thing I know, it is morning!
OK. The bettas in the LFS I got them from are all separated, they are not with any other fish. They have a custome made 'wall' of small tanks. Nowhere near livebearers. I know that the LFS import their bettas from Thailand, but the LFS do dabble in trying to breed them, so i wouldn't put it past them to have tried breeding.
Thing is, I didn't empty out the bags of water, I just netted the bettas. And they went into my small quarantine at first, one in a net. Nut the one who wasn't in a net kept getting stuck behind the net, so I moved Loki to the quarantine, and moved the 2 new bettas to the big tank. So it seems odd that i managed to take a fry from a bag, to a tank, and then to another tank. And the fish that were in the big tank until recently were... Loki, my giant danios, a female krib, and very recently some guppies - ALL definite males!!!
Fry LOOKS like a betta fry,but I guess I just have to wait and see!

Yeah, but it is so small, it would get out and whatever fish it was in with would eat it. Needs to grow some before I can use a breeding trap. All my traps are made of net.

Most reactions

Back