Fry ?

jgilley84

Reaction score
i have a tank with them in it and my betta is starting to act like a butt to my other fish can i put him in with them or will he eat them?

depends on what sort of fry and how big they are.
but if he is picking on the other fishes in the tank then he will probably pick on the fry as well.

depends on what sort of fry and how big they are.
but if he is picking on the other fishes in the tank then he will probably pick on the fry as well.
well he is with the mollies and i have been told that he might think they are other bettas but the fry are about a week old

I wouldn't mix him with 1 week old fry. He will probably eat them all

Yeah betta might eat the small fish. :(
well i say a week old. its been a week since i got them out of my big tank they could have been in the big tank at leat a week as i didnt see them till i was doing a water change so with that said they are about 1/4 of in so how old do you think they are

They'd only be a week or two old.

Unless you want to kill them don't add them to the male betta's tank. Bettas should be left alone.

The betta would be dangerous to your fry until they are at least 3/4 inch long. That could be a long time or a short time depending on how well the water is kept pristine and how much they are fed. I would be surprised if it was less than a month though.

that is so not what i wanted to hear but oh well i hope he dont stress the other fish out too bad

Most reactions

Back