Fry Status

I've released Pinky in the main tank, as she was terrorizing her younger siblings inside the cage. Now... she is terrorizing her even YOUNGER siblings that hide in the bush. -_- Tzuppy is angry too, he was raising his dorsal fin when he saw her picking on his adopted fry.
Pinky's daddy doesn't mind her, they've waved their tails at each other and then ignored each other, but her mother keeps trying to nip her.
j7xg08.jpg

oi7mls.jpg

9uuteu.jpg

I wonder if she'll be ok. She seems to know how to hide very well as she's now under the bush.

Fry status update.
Moved all the little ones to the main tank.
All 3 of the cage-raised fry: Ninja, Sushi (black ones with red faces) and Pinky (kind of blurry, she's a fast one). Nearly 3 months old.
The 4th fry, named Hoppy, is also pink with black fins, but he's hiding somewhere. Not even a month old.
rjr5ub.jpg

Tank without fry cage, finally. Until Eris gives birth...
2qbdbuc.jpg

Just saw my first fry :D only mummy fish got overexcited by the w/c i was doing and ate it :( hoping its siblings are better at hiding...

Just saw my first fry :D only mummy fish got overexcited by the w/c i was doing and ate it :( hoping its siblings are better at hiding...
My male swordtail is a fry vacuum... he eats most of them (except for the black ones, he seems to like those, maybe because they look like him).
But all my swordies eat the fry if they're not 1 cm long.

Update on fry status:
Only Ninja and Sushi are left out of Bee's fry. Rest of them died due to various reasons (acting sick for a while and then getting eaten most likely since they could no longer swim away), so I've put these two in the fry cage, letting them grow bigger, maybe then even if they are sick, i could still save them before they get eaten, and I can take any action if they become lethargic.
Also, out of Eris's fail/deformed batch, I managed to save 2 healthy longfin fry, Zombie the orange fry and a yet unnamed black fry. They have joined Sushi and Ninja.
Eb7Ed.jpg

ACn51.jpg

Moved Ninja back to main tank, since his younger brother, Sushi, nipped his dorsal, tail and a pectoral fin.
As long as he's healthy, I don't think I'll lose him.
Here's Ninja and his daddy, Cracker.
rCONQ.jpg

Seems like Ninja is doing better and his fin has grown back a bit.
64ja6a.jpg

2m47xqg.jpg

I have a question for OldMan, if you are around here, can you answer this, please?
At the age of 5 months (was born on 3rd of April), is it ok for Ninja to be still 2 cm long? Or is he stunted?
I have been feeding him constantly through the day with egg yolk, powdered flake and powdered daphnia, and a bloodworm or two every now and then.
But neither he nor his 3.5 months old sibling are any bigger than 2 - 2.5 cm.
For a month, they have been swimming freely in the tank, until the disappearing fry incident happening to fry bigger than 2.5 cm. Then I put them back in the fry cage for another month.
I do 25% water changes weekly and 1.5L changes daily. Is that still not enough to ensure that the fry grow fast? Last time I did a 50% water change, two of my fry acted strange the next day and then disappeared (most likely got eaten due to being weakened and slow).

Most reactions

Back