Fry sensitive to water changes?

Mike&Diana

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay, so now that I have determined that I have baby whiteclouds, I need to know when it is safe to vacuum my tank and change my water. I'm a week behind in my water changing/vacuuming bc of the babies. I don't know how long to wait before I do it. But it definitely needs cleaned! Any advice? Will the babies be okay?

Diana

They should be fine. Just be careful not to suck any up,make sure the fresh water is as close in temp as the tank water and pour it in slowly :thumbs:

I have no idea, but i have to agree with wuvmybetta, and also maybe try frequent small water changes over a long period of time, it may be a sort of a guarantee. :unsure:

Just my opinion :look:

Stevie

Hi Mike&Diana :)

If anything, tanks with fry in them should have their water changed even more often than you did before, because fry are delicate and even more susceptible to disease than the mature fish.

If you are afraid to vacuum, at least dip some water out and replace it with fresh dechlorinated water.

When I vacuum tanks with little fry in them, I use a smaller, white plastic container so it's easy to see and catch any fry that might have been caught up in the vacuum. Just net them out and put them back in the tank. :D

Most reactions

Back