Fry Left To Be Born In Main Tank

guppylover1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi i have just sent pics in of my females on a thread called 'in these pics do they look pregnant' and had replys saying yes! :hyper: so in this pic would this be enough hiding spaces for the fry in the main tank? thanks.

Attachments

• P1000091.JPG
    P1000091.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 26
more than plenty although you may want to watch them very carfully the fry like the bottum and sometimes will get crushed by rocks and such...ive lost a whole batch due to the gravel in my 10 gallon

more than plenty although you may want to watch them very carfully the fry like the bottum and sometimes will get crushed by rocks and such...ive lost a whole batch due to the gravel in my 10 gallon
they are pebbles would they be ok? i used to have gravel but someone said pebbles are better so i bought some of them and used them instead

HOW IN HELL DID U LOSE FRY BECAUSE OF GRAVEL? sorry for caps and i cant be botherd to re type forgive me

is it better to have pebbles than gravel though? because they can hide between pebbles.

pebbles, gravel i dont think it matters. i do see fry hiding amongst the gravel, pushing them selves down, but they will do the same in pebbles,the wood and plants you have should be ok, what size is the tank?

hi i have just sent pics in of my females on a thread called 'in these pics do they look pregnant' and had replys saying yes! :hyper: so in this pic would this be enough hiding spaces for the fry in the main tank? thanks.

Hi Ive just set up a guppy only tank also. 79 litres...not sure how many gallons that is. But guppy fry love to hide in java fern and java moss...Basically the more plants the better chance your fry will survive. I currently have 15 teenage fry...all colours are coming through now...Ive just released the 2month olds into main tank...I find this size 1.5 - 2cms is safe and fry are strong enough to get away if need be... Ive tried allowing fry to be born in tank...and most got eaten, Ive even tried putting my fry in main tank at a couple of weeks old and alot got eaten...I started with 29. So decided its best to re-net until safe safe safe size!

Ive just added more java fern and I also have drift wood log and boat similar to yours...I havnt had a drop yet in the new settings ...so Im looking forward to a good response.....Fingers crossed. I rekon you could use a few more plants...! Other wise try using a net if you really want to save your fry.

GL :good:

New Guppy Breeder in Sydney Australia - :blush: NOVICE BUT LEARNING REALLY FAST. Working closely with my lfs dealer. We are trying to breed guppy as to save transporting and disease. Plus it costs him a small fortune with little return...so by me becoming a local breeder we hope it improves the above.

P.s. Have you heard the saying that Guppies are born pregnant....this saying is so so so true...in fugure of speach! Your guppies should drop a batch every 28 -40 days depending on fish. So times they can have anywhere from 1 - 100 most have a round 30 - 80. Ive had guppies drop only 7 - 9. Well the ones I saw.

Have fun! Im becoming guppy MADDDDDDDDDDD! lol :hyper:

i have gravel in my livebearer tank where they are all born. until recently i didnt have a fry tank and everyone seemed to do fine with the gravel. my fry tank now has sand so i can be 100% sure there will be no gravel crushing incidents. having said that i still would have no issues having small gravel in a fry tank

i like your tank.. :) the way u can tell if its preg u see the belly getin bigger, or its in a square kinda shape and the belly is a dark colour,

i like your tank.. :) the way u can tell if its preg u see the belly getin bigger, or its in a square kinda shape and the belly is a dark colour,
thankyou :)
and thankyou for all the replys there they have been really helpfull :) is plants that sit at the bottom of the tank good for the fry?

if you want the fry to survve a few floating plants would be good to protect them from the adults when they are at the surface :good:

if you want the fry to survve a few floating plants would be good to protect them from the adults when they are at the surface :good:

Hi I also have a guppy tank...whats the best floating plants that last and guppies like? Im adding more plants tomorrow so would like some ideas please. I know java ferns and java moss....anything else they might like?Fishtank_Updated_pic_March_20_07.jpg

Also anything to shade the back to stop the light? will shade cloth burn from the light if too close?

Most reactions

Back