Fry having ick

Kingsnorky

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've had thes fry for months now their not complety grow up and are very small
and one of the females is going to have babies but she has a littel bit of ick on her right fin I don't know if its safe to use ick meds on a fry that is also having babies soon and If I can which sould I use?

Is she's pregnant she's no longer a fry, fry is just a term for baby fish but if she's pregnant she's fully mature now so meds are safe to use on her, you should try to avoid inbreeding though with her brothers as it produces poor quality fry though.

do you already have the ich med? If so is there a number or a website that you can visit on the bottle. If so you could maybe ask them if that med is ok for fry. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Treat her with the full maximum required dose of med otherwise you won't have much chance of over coming the whitespot as it realy needs to be wiped out in one blow as it has a tendancy to come back in bouts after it has seemingly been cured.
Whitespot only has one visable stage of the parasites 5 stage growth cycle, that being the white spots themselves, so to treat it effectivily you need to continue treating for at least 1 to 2weeks after the white spots have disapeared to be on the safe side. Also, i'd treat the whole tank instead of individual fish at a time as it is most likely that almost all your fish in her tank are affected but simply havn't gone through physical visable stage yet :nod:

it is just "fry" in the tank correct. Some fish don't do well with ich meds. Am I right about this Tokis?

Torrean said:
it is just "fry" in the tank correct. Some fish don't do well with ich meds. Am I right about this Tokis?
hm...?? livebearers and bettas are fine with whitespot meds.

That was my question. are livebearers the only thing in her tank. I count something like a total of 40 gallons worth of tanks. I only see 14 fish. This made me think that maybe there were some fish in there that weren't in her profile. Ten of those fish are fry so she is probably just breeding some to fill out her tanks but I wasn't sure. edit: excluding the betta tanks.

I only have livebearers except for one gold fish which is in the 5 gallon alone.
I am actually trying to fill up the other tanks instead of buying them becuase I don't wanna get any illnesses from buying any which really didn't help sence ones got ick :S

Most reactions

Back