Frozen Food?

col748

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is it bad to feed frozen bloodworm every day, if so why?

What other frizen food would you give to Discus and Angels?

I have a little side question about that...do you have to let it thaw before you feed it? ????

I'm not sure but i thaw it out cos i guess frozen or cold food on fish mouths or stomachs would be bad.

It really depends on what fish you have. With my tank, I put in a full blister pack of frozen bloodworms a day, some flake, and some defrosted prawns (every other day or so), as well as some ciclid sticks and plecy pills.

I tend to pop the bloodworms straight out of the freezer into the tank. The fish if big, will take a block or others smaller ones allows the cubes to defrost a little and eat the defrosted worms. Dont forget, with your heater or in my case two 300w heaters, the worms do not stay frozen for long.

I feed this way because the bigger fish do not want to be swimming around for ages trying to pick up single bloodworms, so those that need to, can have a cube to themselves. The smaller fish pick off the defrosted bits.

i've read that frozen foods should be used sparingly as a treat. i feed my fish frozen brine shrimp twice a week and thaw it in a cup of tank water first before pouring it into the tank. that way, all fish get a chance to feed and not just the dominant ones.

I'm not sure, i think as long as it all gets eaten and you can afford to fed every day then its ok, thats what i was lead to believe.

I just read in another post bloodworm can be bad for fish if fed every day? I thought its a natural food for most fish?

Most reactions

Back