Frosty day tip

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
It's been a while since I last visited the forum. Too busy looking after my wife with dementia at present.
Anyway, for those in the UK, and probably a lot of places in other parts of the world right now, the weather has really gone cold. I went out to the car this morning with a fair covering of snow over it. The windscreen was frozen which I quickly cleared. However driving behind traffic on a busy raod threw up lots of spray that quickly dried on the windscreen and couldn't be cleared as the wiper nozzles and pipes were iced up.
I got home and just topped the wiper bottle up with some of the salt water I keep for my marine tanks. All sorted. Cheaper than buying de-icer too at only 30p a litre from my LFS.

Just to finish before I make dinner, It's now been around 3 months since I converted to marine and I have to say that it's a lot easier than freshwater. The initial cost is more but the finished tanks are a lot more colourful and far easier to maintain.

Probably won't manage to get back here before Xmas so here's wishing you all Season's Greetings. Have a great time guys and gals.

Sorry to hear about your wife... That must be hard...

Glad to hear you and your tanks are doing well though. Keep us updated when you can! But if you can't you can't. We all have lives, so no pressure here

Most reactions

Back