From stainless steel to animals

rain-

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just found some pictures of my fathers uhm, statues (is that a right word for those?). He cuts the steel to small pieces and then uses mig welding to attach them together. The colors are made by heating the surface of the steel to different temperatures. Kinda cool =)

kotka2.jpg

7.jpg

riikinkukko.jpg

This one is 100% stainless steel too (well, the black parts are colored black with something, but they are still steel):
pyora3.jpg

I'm proud of my daddy :D

If I remember right, that peacock-statues width is 2,5 meters.

:clap: wow ...those are amazing.......what a talented father you have rain - just gorgeous :cool:

sue

Thank you =)

I think its in the genes, my sister is in an art school, my two aunts are artists, my cousin is a uhm, well, she decorates houses and stuff, other cousin just likes to carve things etc. I don't think I am as talented in that field as the others, I just like to play with Photoshop and that kind of things. :D

They are all absolutely fantastic. I especially love the peacock.

That is some seriously nice work! I'll bet those pieces sell for a small fortune. I know they would here.

We have an eagle mailbox stand, shared with two of our neighbours. And also a bear in the garden to scare bad guys away :D

He actually does them for his own enjoyment (being retired and all and having nothing else to do). But most of them end up to our friends gardens and houses and sometimes people do want to buy them =)

Most reactions

Back