Frogs

lym

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I saw some small white coloured frogs in my local shop a few days ago and I've been thinking that I would like one in my tank if it's possible. What type of frogs were they? Can I keep one in my freshwater tank with these fish:

3 Blue Dwarf Gourami
8 Neon Tetra's
5 Peppered Cory Cat
1 Candy Striped Pleco

My tank is 26 gallons. If it is possible to have one in there what do you feed them on?? Do they require anything? How big do they grow and will they eat live plants (don't want my plants destoyed if they do)?

Thanks

coincidentally i was just talking about this to another member

you need to make very sure you know what your getting. if they are ACF's then no, see profile here if they're ADF's then fine see profile here

coincidentally i was just talking about this to another member

you need to make very sure you know what your getting. if they are ACF's then no, see profile here if they're ADF's then fine see profile here

Ok thank you! :)

Didnt know that they did white ADF's??

i've certainly seen albino ADF's advertised weather they are actually ACF's or something else I'm not sure but i've definately seen it in lfs's marked up as that?!

Just been to have a look at them again and they're clawed frogs so i didn't get one. I probably won't be getting one now as I don't know anywhere that sells frogs :(

Woohoo managed to get one :D I got one this morning at BAS in Bolton. He's lovely, smaller than I expected. He's named Kermit...lol. :p

Woohoo managed to get one :D I got one this morning at BAS in Bolton. He's lovely, smaller than I expected. He's named Kermit...lol. :p
Webbed front feet = ADF, no webbing = ACF.
If its albino its going to be an ACF, there are no albino ADF's that anyone knows of. Expect to move it to its own tank when it gets larger, or be ready for fish to become meals.

i suggest getting another one, while they can live alone, a friend to keep them company does them well.feed bloodworms, brine shrimp, daphina using a turkey baster to squirt them over the frogs.
other methods are to put the food in caves etc where frogs will eventually find them, sand is need for this as the food will fall into the gravel, also the cories might reach the food first.
good luck with hermit

i suggest getting another one, while they can live alone, a friend to keep them company does them well.feed bloodworms, brine shrimp, daphina using a turkey baster to squirt them over the frogs.
other methods are to put the food in caves etc where frogs will eventually find them, sand is need for this as the food will fall into the gravel, also the cories might reach the food first.
good luck with hermit

I've actually found that two frogs will fight over food. But they do seem to like to stay together, otherwise.

Most reactions

Back