Freshwater inverts

untilitsleeps

Reaction score
Has anyone got any ideas as to what fresh water inverts i can keep in my 125 gallon tank? i was thinking either a blue lobster but my LFS says there out of season and it could be another 8-10 months before he can get hold of them, he does have some red crabs in which look kinda nice.

is there something along the lines of a cleaner/blood shrimp available for a freshwater tank? my tank will allow access to dry land and fresh air (we had a firebelly newt in it at one point)

What else do you already have in the tank? Some fish will see inverts as food while others may become food to the inverts.

I have a few vairities of gourami mainly kissing and 3 spot as well as tiger barbs mate. and 2 silver dollars, but if need be ill set up a new invert only tank if there was something of great interest to be had.

You can get something like freshwater clams, quite out of the ordinary and nice. :)

Ahh, petco has a blue lobster that just shed! Do you live in ca?!?! hehe :D

My lfs also has many different species of freshwater crabs and shrimp...

Hi guys,

today i purchased a lovely little blue lobster, he's full of personality and interacts with my rope fish very well, they take it in turns in chasing each other, we had him around 12 hours and he's settled in fine :D id thorughly recomend one in a community tank.

Most reactions

Back