fresh water ICK

lazyacres

Reaction score
I have a 75 gallon fresh water tank. i've been batteling ICK . i ahve 2 clown loaches that have ick. i've been using ICK X
2 weeks and raised temperatur to 86 degrees but cannot get rid. planted community tank so cathing the 2 loaches i will
have to tear down whole tank. WHAT CAN YOU SUGGEST PLEASE HELP

Yeah ick is started by buying fish and adding them causes by stress. Your ment to do the treatment for 3 days straight my 33 gal tank had ick the ick treatment worked I had the heater on 26 and that worked for me if it does not work within 3 days keep doing doing the treatment and make shore your filters off when doing it.

Clown loaches are very difficult to treat for Ich, because of their skin.

Yeah ick is started by buying fish and adding them causes by stress. Your ment to do the treatment for 3 days straight my 33 gal tank had ick the ick treatment worked I had the heater on 26 and that worked for me if it does not work within 3 days keep doing doing the treatment and make shore your filters off when doing it.
Make sure your filter is on and running well. This has to be a typo in the quote (I hope). It takes about 3 weeks to clear Ich parasites from a tank. Because of their sensitivity, you have to go with a half dosage of Ich meds with that group of fish, and that gives the parasite time to really do damage. It's never good when a loach is attacked.

Is it just on the loaches?

@Benji k You have to remove any carbon from your filter, but since Ich parasites attack inside the gills of fish, having moving water to increase oxygen levels helps. The filter, beyond its role in the cycle, also moves water.

Ok but when my fish have ick I turn my filter of for abut and leave air pump running

As Gary says there is no need to shut the filter down.

Clown loaches are very difficult to treat for Ich, because of their skin.

Make sure your filter is on and running well. This has to be a typo in the quote (I hope). It takes about 3 weeks to clear Ich parasites from a tank. Because of their sensitivity, you have to go with a half dosage of Ich meds with that group of fish, and that gives the parasite time to really do damage. It's never good when a loach is attacked.

Is it just on the loaches?
Yes just on the loaches and not on ANGELS or CAT FISH

Most reactions

Back