Frags

smeagol

Reaction score
I have had my set up for a while now and was thinking of adding a bit more colour. Some of the frags I have seen look very colouful. My only concern is my maroon clown who is very territorial and tends to charge into anything that is new, the frags look so delicate. also i have read that superglue is o.k to use, is this really true i think superglue sounds so toxic.

Lol, very true, fret not. Superglue Gel is what you want to use. It's so safe that hospitals even use it to seal nasty wounds that are difficult/impossible to stitch :good:

Its so safe I feed it to my fish! lol.When I frag my coral I super glue the piece I cut to lr.Works great. As for your angry clown you shouldn't have any problem with adding coral.

i think i heared from somewhere that that super glue cures with moisture rather than air. i use mitre bond at work (fitting kitchens) and its super glue but it comes with a spritzer that your spray and it bonds in seconds

i think i heared from somewhere that that super glue cures with moisture rather than air. i use mitre bond at work (fitting kitchens) and its super glue but it comes with a spritzer that your spray and it bonds in seconds

Correct, moisture cures it, not air. It does/can work underwater though. You just have to gob LOTS of it on the bottom of what you want to glue. Then when you put it underwater a "shell" cures around most of the glue instantly. When you press it firmly in-place the shell breaks and more glue comes out to harden and hold the frag/rock in place. Dont be afraid to GOB the stuff on there :)

Most reactions

Back