Found A Red Zebra Fry In My Filter Yay!

creg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
then when i dropped it into the tank it was instantly eaten by a labeotropheus trewavasae :(

then when i dropped it into the tank it was instantly eaten by a labeotropheus trewavasae :(

I know I shouldn`t laugh but that`s the kind of sod`s law that would happen to me :lol:

I am sorry though and I hope you manage to keep any fry separate next time ;)

i have one other fry and it has survived in the main tank, its at a size now where its comfortable swimming with the other fish and not hiding all the time too

i got a bit lazy with my filter maintenance and havent done it for over a month so i thought it was a miracle it survived then that happened :( i feel bad it had to live in that filthy filter for that long

i have one other fry and it has survived in the main tank, its at a size now where its comfortable swimming with the other fish and not hiding all the time too

i got a bit lazy with my filter maintenance and havent done it for over a month so i thought it was a miracle it survived then that happened :( i feel bad it had to live in that filthy filter for that long

Tut tut :/

These things happen sometimes so don`t feel too bad. I generally know when any of my females are due to spit so I keep my eye out for any stray fry, some of mine have been found in either the weir or the sump but hey ho, nothing I can do will stop that happening :look:
I must admit that the fry I`ve found in the sump have been a bit smaller than the ones I`ve netted straight away and done daily water changes and regular feeds for. It definitely does affect the growth and health when they`ve spent some time in a dirty filter or sump compared to good feeds and clean water :X

Most reactions

Back