Food

deliverance

Reaction score
someone told me to try for something different cooked peas without the shell for mollies and my community tank and for the first time today i tried it. THEY WENT CRAZY! anyone else have good foods that they have fed their fish? also what is the best flake food for a community tank. i am feeding my fish tetra color right now.

I use the tetra pro flake for the few small fish i do have, it certainly seems to improve the growth rate of the fry i feed it to compared to other flakes i've used..

You could also try feeding blanched cougette (to blanch just dip the slice of courgette into boiling water for a few seconds to soften it a bit) and if you have any plecs then slices of raw potato is good. Cubes of frozen spilurina from the lfs are good for all herbivorous fish.

My livebearers also like sprouts- boiled and chopped soft- though I had to try them a couple of times before they realised it was food. Also spinach and chard. And broad beans. Very thinly sliced, chopped tiny quantities of banana or apple.
I feed mine Aquarian flakes, and a weekly treat each of Tetradelica bloodworms, daphnia and brineshrimp.
But the peas are the absolute favourite.

Most reactions

Back