Food Diet

hi, the angels, Synodontis and corys will eat the earthworms. i wash them and squeeze the guts out of the bigger ones first, and then chop them into little pieces for the corys and angels, but the Synodontis may eat them in bigger pieces. just see what works best for you. but like synodontismultipunctatus said, make sure no chemicals have been sprayed near where you get the worms from. i get them from my back garden, where i don't use any artificial fertilisers or pesticides.

cheers :good:

Very new to the worms, how will i do this, just grab i by the head or tail and sqweeze down??

Do i wash all foods before feeding.

Sorry new to feeding different foods.

Thanks
Luke

hi, i only wash foods that i have found myself, such as earthworms. foods from shops don't need washing. i only gut the larger worms, if not they leave a mess in the tank. i just squeeze from its head down its body. with the little worms, i just wash them then chuck them in.

Ok the cucumber is in but the fish don't seem to be paying any attention to eat. i have weighed it down by sliding it in to the gravel (meaning put some of it under the gravel with half hanging out like the picture below). What shall i do. shall i leave it over night??
View attachment 59944

What i do leave it in 12 hours and it may take time for the fish to get use to eating veg like mine took a week to start taking the cucumber my fish also like peas :) the algae wafers tried just yesterday and took to them straight away. But leaving cucumber in more than 24 hour will rote and make a big mess in your tank.

John

hi, i leave veggies in for days, normally until they finish eating it, and i never have any issues with water quality. the veggies need a bit of time to break down so that the fish can eat them easier.

hi, the angels, Synodontis and corys will eat the earthworms. i wash them and squeeze the guts out of the bigger ones first, and then chop them into little pieces for the corys and angels, but the Synodontis may eat them in bigger pieces. just see what works best for you. but like synodontismultipunctatus said, make sure no chemicals have been sprayed near where you get the worms from. i get them from my back garden, where i don't use any artificial fertilisers or pesticides.

Very new to the worms, how will i do this, just grab i by the head or tail and sqweeze down??

Do i wash all foods before feeding.

Sorry new to feeding different foods.

Thanks
Luke

hi, i only wash foods that i have found myself, such as earthworms. foods from shops don't need washing. i only gut the larger worms, if not they leave a mess in the tank. i just squeeze from its head down its body. with the little worms, i just wash them then chuck them in.

Ok the cucumber is in but the fish don't seem to be paying any attention to eat. i have weighed it down by sliding it in to the gravel (meaning put some of it under the gravel with half hanging out like the picture below). What shall i do. shall i leave it over night??
View attachment 59944

What i do leave it in 12 hours and it may take time for the fish to get use to eating veg like mine took a week to start taking the cucumber my fish also like peas :) the algae wafers tried just yesterday and took to them straight away. But leaving cucumber in more than 24 hour will rote and make a big mess in your tank.

John

hi, i leave veggies in for days, normally until they finish eating it, and i never have any issues with water quality. the veggies need a bit of time to break down so that the fish can eat them easier.

My cucumber has been in 12 hours nearly and the snail are on it, might be a method of getting rid of snails, as they are not on the glass.

Thanks
Luke

Agreed, a lot of veg you could try. Personally, I use Cucumber and Brocolli as my pleco loves it!

James :good:

Most reactions

Back