Fluval U2

sic0198

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I want a little confirmation. I just got it. Does it come right outta the box with filter media?

I got it last week too! Yeah it's got it all in there but I think you can add other things. I'm a bit confused about media to be honest. It's brilliant though, if you just have it agitating the water rather than bubbling (which I believe is better anyway) it's totally silent!

I'm also paranoid it's not working properly but I think that really is just paranoia ( I hope lol)

I got it last week too! Yeah it's got it all in there but I think you can add other things. I'm a bit confused about media to be honest. It's brilliant though, if you just have it agitating the water rather than bubbling (which I believe is better anyway) it's totally silent!

I'm also paranoid it's not working properly but I think that really is just paranoia ( I hope lol)

I've got a U3 and its the same :) - very quiet without the valve on, I got mine very recently and its just on "intergrated spray bar" at the moment

you did cut the bag the bio max was in? (the little white ceramic bits)

You mean did I take it out of the bag? Yeah. I guess that if it's spraying out (got the top one on right now) then it must be sucking in and must be working? I can't decide whether to keep the top one on for aireation when I get my fish or move it to the middle spray bar for the plants.

You mean did I take it out of the bag? Yeah. I guess that if it's spraying out (got the top one on right now) then it must be sucking in and must be working? I can't decide whether to keep the top one on for aireation when I get my fish or move it to the middle spray bar for the plants.

I can't comment too much, because I havn't even started cycling my tank, but the idea I got from some of the more experienced members is if the top is still, then the water will become stagnent (then a load of sciency mumbo jumbo) so basically, make sure the water at the top is moving around especially :p

just make sure the valuve is above the water level and it should be working fine

Most reactions

Back