Fluval Roma 125 - Help

No the previous owner made the cuts, he did a really good job. I bought the tank off Ebay.

He did indeed do a great job with it

Your guy definately did a great job - looks great. However encourage you both to cut the lid, Is actually really easy with a hacksaw but you do it with a Jigsaw and you'll end up with nice straight lines like the one you got from eBay.

Thanks alphadog, i'm actually planning to give it a go. Also planning to cut a hole for the automatic feeder. At the end there will not be any lid left to cut :lol:

Thanks alphadog, i'm actually planning to give it a go. Also planning to cut a hole for the automatic feeder. At the end there will not be any lid left to cut :lol:

Let me know how that goes -was thinkin about that myself!

Fluval response!

Thank you for your e-mail

The new Roma aquariums now are supplied with internal filtration and therefor the cut out flaps in the rear have been removed,if you contact your retailer they may be able to source one of the old aquariums and exchange the tank for you.

Hope this helps.

Here is my Rio 180 with fluval 205 fitted. i did the cutting with a hacksaw & stanley knife.

29112010086.jpg

29112010087.jpg

I think it has come out rather well.

Hi guys, just joined. This was driving me insane. I bought a fluval roma 200, it came with a u4 filter, I already had a 305 canister and had the same problem with the back panel. I really didn't want to cut my brand new aquarium. I e mailed hagen fluval, they confirmed that the glued in fixed parts on the back must not be cut, looks like they lowered the frame to stop the capillary leak problem. They told me the glass goes pretty much to the top, to fit my fluval filter to my fluval tank I must cut the lid panel!
Anyone, like me looking for a solution on google etc. Here is my solution: eheim eco pro 300 pipes fit perfectly the 'shepherds crook' type narrow fitting just fit. I have emailed fluval advised them of this and suggested they either recommend the eheim or maybe design a tank that is suitable for their own external. no reply, what a complete farce!
I tried to post a pic but the files too large, and can't understand the advanced options, but trust me it fits!
hope this helps someone.
will try direct link:
http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/stratoc2/?action=view&current=PICT0337.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their posts on this issue. really helped me out. i'll be making a couple of cuts in the lid of my roma 125 later today :)

Thanks to everyone for their posts on this issue. really helped me out. i'll be making a couple of cuts in the lid of my roma 125 later today :)

Most reactions

Back