Fluval Fx5 Question

kiriyama

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi , have just ordered one of these :hyper:
The description said that it includes media, although part of the ad was saying additional media avaliable if required, was wondering what you folk put in yours and in what order ? :unsure:
Cheers , Sean :good:

I have just the sponges around the outside sections of the baskets and something called glasfoam (I think) in the centre of the baskets. Ceramics in the centre will do the same job.

As the filter is so big I also have some extra bits of foam in the middle of the top basket just in case I need it for another tank :good:

I have the standard sponges around the outside of the baskets and then ~2.5l of Eheim Substrat Pro spread throughout the baskets. Must admit that I often wonder if I should add some more media, for instance something like Nitra-zorb.

You might find this link useful for your FX5, it covers all sorts of mods and tips...
http://www.innovationlandscaping.com/fx5/

I recently did the "nozzle" mod (fitted a 22mm plumbing elbow pipe from B&Q into the end of the output hose/rubber, replacing the double-output) and it has really intensified the filter's current, great for my riverine fish, but might not be so good for Tangs! ;):lol:

I have just the sponges around the outside sections of the baskets and something called glasfoam (I think) in the centre of the baskets. Ceramics in the centre will do the same job.

As the filter is so big I also have some extra bits of foam in the middle of the top basket just in case I need it for another tank :good:

Sounds a good set up, maybe it's the biomax stuff you have in there, supposed to be really ood at holding bacteria,and space for cloning some future media in there also :good:

I have the standard sponges around the outside of the baskets and then ~2.5l of Eheim Substrat Pro spread throughout the baskets. Must admit that I often wonder if I should add some more media, for instance something like Nitra-zorb.

You might find this link useful for your FX5, it covers all sorts of mods and tips...
http://www.innovationlandscaping.com/fx5/

I recently did the "nozzle" mod (fitted a 22mm plumbing elbow pipe from B&Q into the end of the output hose/rubber, replacing the double-output) and it has really intensified the filter's current, great for my riverine fish, but might not be so good for Tangs! ;):lol:

Been reading a few places that a lot of people use the Eheim media pack in the there FX5, cheers for the link, lots of good ideas in there, it might have been a better idea to wait till I had a tank set up for it, it might not fit in the cabinet when I do get the new tank :lol:

Most reactions

Back