Fluval Canister Filters

catterbury

Reaction score
Hello everyone, wondering if i can have some recommendations. I was just looking through my Fluval 305 Instructions when tidying my tank cabinet, and i noticed the setup of media is different to how i have it running and might be the cause of my tank not filtering properly... but the way it is on the instructions dont really make any sense. It says to have the ceramic rings in the top basket, bio max or peat granuals etc in middle and carbon in the lower basket, but then says the polishing pads should be in the top basket.
The way mine is setup, is ceramics in bottom, bio max in middle and carbon and polishing wool in the top.
Could anybody please guide me with the right way?? Many thanks!

I have it

Bottom: Ceramic rings

Middle: Filter floss / Carbon

Top: Sintered Glass

Best to make sure water is stripped of has much partical matter before gets to biological media

Ive got a 304 and assuming that the water goes down through the sponge then UP through the baskets and not the other way round in the 305, but i have it

foam then

Bottom: pre filter

Middle: biomax

top: cabon (carobon in one filter and polishing wool in the other)

I always feel you should polish the water and remove has much partical matter before going into biological media, If the pores get blocked then it's surface area gets reduced.

Most reactions

Back