Fluval 206 External Filter Help?!

Well, sorry to hear they wouldn't take it back but glad you're happy now with the eheim. Funnily enough, yesterday my 206 leaked again while it was switched off while I was doing maintenance. Once I put it back on it stopped leaking. After all I said about getting used to its quirks, I found myself saying if it leaks one more time I'm getting an eheim lol.

David

David J said:
Well, sorry to hear they wouldn't take it back but glad you're happy now with the eheim. Funnily enough, yesterday my 206 leaked again while it was switched off while I was doing maintenance. Once I put it back on it stopped leaking. After all I said about getting used to its quirks, I found myself saying if it leaks one more time I'm getting an eheim lol.
David
I'd just switch, you won't regret it :D

Hey Glasgowgirl stick it on gumtree ;) ive an eheim,uv sterilizer,wavemaker,bogwood all on there least you dont need to pay listing fees :D i was going to stick them on ebay but i hate paying listing fees and seller fees,so the eheim is going good in the tank you really cant fault them same as eheim air pumps there awsome and the things that come with them like airstones are top notch not like other airpumps you buy and you just get the pump....you got any pic off you 180?

I have the old 104 although I put chased a new motor unit some time ago (didn't need one just the impeller but they sent wrong one so ended buying the whole head unit fir extra few quid) it's been fab as others stated make sure pipes are all straight no kinks etc I just bought a new pipe for my intake as it had a kink and was ducking in air at the neck of the intake shafts (pipe area ) it's important that you get that filter filled before turning it in for it to do its job correctly if it's full it's less likely to develop air leaks I've learnt this over time .

When you prime it have the filter raised slightly off the floor say on a chair but the outlet lower into a bucket until u get flow and pump (with motor off ) do this and try to get a flow turn it on in same position and flow will or should get fast once it's going carefully raise the outlet back into tank but keep priming it to continue the flow this should help I have to look at my inlaws on Monday she has same problem she bought a new impeller as it had broken check all parts too fir damage and seal etc good luck .....I knew nothing about them a few years ago I just learned

Hey I'm at my wits end here, need some help before I take this filter & throw it out the window...

Purchased the Fluval 206 two days ago and ever since it's been rattling like a bag of spanners. I bought it as it was meant to be 'extremely quiet'. However it is not. I've emptied and primed it three times now hoping each time it will shut up but hasn't. I have no air stones or anything and have checked pipes etc for holes and connections and everything seems fine. I've shook the thing to death with loads of air bubbles being released however it's still rattling away. Took impeller out checked it put it back in and it's still the same. I'm gonna go mad the tank is in my bedroom and I was up until 5am last night listening to it as if I was sleeping on an airport runway or building site before getting so mad I switched it off and slept a few hours. Bad I know I shouldn't do it but honestly it's a nightmare. Please help someone I'm gonna go crazyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently my Fuval 306 starting making a grinding noise after months of being extremely quiet. After inspecting every item under a magnifying glass, I found the problem... The issue is with the shaft and impeller cover. The ceramic shaft MUST extend slightly out of or flush with the end of the impeller cover(red -black piece). If you push the ceramic shaft all the way into the rubber end that is in the motor head, the shaft is only supported by the soft rubber of the impeller cover and the impeller is not centered properly, resulting in a grinding noise. The wear issue I was able to find was that a small area of rubber was worn away inside the impeller cover, allowing the shaft/impeller to move causing the impeller to grind on the side of the housing. When installing the shaft, DO NOT push it all the way into the motor head, install the impeller and then put the impeller cover on making sure that the shaft extends out of the hole in the impeller cover slightly. That will keep the shaft / impeller centered by the hard plastic and not the soft rubber just below the surface. That took care of the noise issue that was driving me crazy!!! It is back to being totally quiet and I did not need to replace any components. I checked my Fluval manual, it does NOT state that the shaft needs to extend into the outer edge of the impeller cover...IT SHOULD!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back