Fluval 105

The best price aswell, I will be looking at his other items :good:

Might I add that I bought a Fluval 205 from Petsmart yesterday, and I am very impressed with it so far! The installation video was very helpful, and I only made one slight mistake - when I measured the outflow pipe over the top of the tank and 4" out from the rim, it just wasn't quite as long as I would have wanted on that side. The outflow nozzle/joint ended up about 2" below the water line. When I primed the pump to fill the canister, the nozzle ended up almost out of the water and I had to add more water to the tank before turning on the filter. I'll probably eventually swap it out for a longer piece of tubing to get the nozzle lower in the tank, but it will do for now.

So I recommend you don't follow the instructions on that side, and leave a few more inches of slack before you cut the tubing. You can always cut off more if you don't like it.

The 205 ran overnight, and the clarity of my tank water went way up compared to the Aqueon Power Filter 20 that was running for several weeks in the tank.

My filter is here but the rim connectors don't fit onto my tank..

Most reactions

Back