Flowerhorn Keepers is there any on here ?

Carl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just wonding cause there detory my tank all time and it looks awful when there done just wondering what things i can put in that there can't move or wouldn't move or anything i know there like to change the tank to there way and i'm willing to meet them half way :blink: if possible :thumbs:

they are going to decorate to their tastes sorry that there isn't really anything you can do aside from putting large rocks and driftwood in there.

Flowerhorns like room, also they like to dig gravel to prepare for egg laying. It might be trying to tell you there is too much stuff in there. Most FH tanks i see including mine are mostly empty with a couple fake plants and rocks for them to peck at.

yea i hear the will move stuff around just like they want it, probably doesn't look good but if u re-arrange it he'll just move it again :D i have a pleco who does the same, always digs out ditches in teh gravel and uproots plants :lol:

How much is £60 in American money? I got my Flowerhorn for only 20 bucks in American money.

recently came back from england, 60pounds is about $120 if i remember correctly

i think the secret is, you get what you pay for ;) $20 is a great price if you just want to own a flowerhorn, but don't expect a $20 baby to grow into a $200-$2000 adult.

flowerhorns like to be by themself with open space, but if u want any decor, it muct be big and heavy so they can't move it.

...£60 is just less than $120, not $20... $120 for a breeding pair sounds a bit better!

The only decoration I can suggest for a FH is

Black pebbles for ZZ strain and colorful pebbles for Kamfas and Golden Strains

You can place a Pot if you wanted to breed them.

These FHs likes to move pebbles and play with it.

Don't put plants they will destroy it.

Don't put fancy decorations like castle, huge corals, etc. these FHs are very aggressive and they might get hurt playing with this sharp edged decorations.

I hope this helps :D

Most reactions

Back