Floating Plants

Michael Roth

Fishaholic
Reaction score
when I moved, I only brought about a cup of these....they really reproduce like crazy.

Attachments

• fplants.jpg
    fplants.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 46
And this is why I throw out a safeway bag full, look at what it does to the tanks lighting :>

Attachments

• fplantsdiscus.jpg
    fplantsdiscus.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 43
Salvinia and duckweed =)

Nice plants if you want to remove excess nutrients from the water or you want to prevent jumpy fish from jumping, but baaaad if you want some light getting to the tank too :lol:

It's a shame your discus wont eat it, would make a nice addition to their nutrition. Nice looking fish too.

Salvinia! thank you. I could never remember the name. Looks neat with all the bristles on its leaves, reminds me of a cats tongue. If cats tongues were green.

Thanks for the comment on the fish :>

It's good to be usefull =)

Salvinia is an interesting plant, it is a fern and it doesn't have roots. Salvinia has two normal leaves and third one that resembles roots. The hairs on the surface of the leaves are interesting too, here is a picture.

my Agriculture teacher has some of the Salvinia in one of the yabby tanks at school. he said he will give me some when it reproduces more :)
i have been wanting some floating plants for a while. i am thinking of putting some in my betta tank (which is still yet to have a betta :rolleyes: ). would a betta appreciate some floating plants?
(sorry about the hijack btw :p )

Most reactions

Back