Fleas

you can pay the local council to come and spray your home, i had to do this when i took in a stray dog overnight, little bugger left us a pressie lol, its about a tenner, and try to keep the heating off as much as you can as they breed or something when its on, and also the vibrations of walking on the carpet causes them to jump on your feet and bite u, you can hoover after about 3 days ( i know bummer lol) but it works a treat

i once had bad investation, tryed afew things, in the end i covered the carpets in flea powder and brushed it in just before we went away for afew days then vacumed it all up when we came home, did the trick but it has to be left on for afew days. Since i started using frontline i've never had problem since, its miracle stuff.
regards Angel

You can use a flea powder in your carpet but if you just use Frontline for a year it will get rid of all the fleas in your house and yard while it is on the cats. Every time a flea jumps onto your cat and comes in contact with the Frontline it dies. As the fleas continue to jump on the cats they will continue to be killed off. Over time all the fleas will end up dead and then you won't have t worry about them any more unless they get re-introduced with a new animal.

We've never had a problem whilst using Frontline :good:

i've had cats for about 15 years. every year we used to have fleas, and no matter what, we could never get rid of them. finally a few years ago, we had our landscaper apply some pesticide on our lawn and we haven't had one flea ever since.my cats go outside and it had no affect on their health but totally devastated the flea population. we didn't even have to wash or clean anything inside the house. it was a real miracle, let me tell you!

if you just use Frontline for a year it will get rid of all the fleas in your house and yard while it is on the cats.

I would suspect that he doesn't want to wait a year though!

I had a problem a few months ago (which is odd as all my pets are indoor pets) so used frontline directly on the cats but refused to use the standard sprays because of the marine fish we keep. The vets did some digging around and found a spray that is completely safe for use with fish and other pets (I keep chinchillas as well so had to be careful of them)

The spray has no pesticides, is human and pets safe and environmentally friendly as well to boot. You don't have to leave the room or anything but it recommends being careful for 30 minutes as the surface may still be wet from the spray.

The product is made by Ceva and is called skoosh! I have used this and have not had any of the little buggers back.

I think it has to be ordered from the vets but they have a website so it could be worth having a look on there.

I will warn you though I paid about £2/£25 for it. But it seems to be worth it.

hi, I've never had much success with bob martins flea products. But the Zodiac range of household sprays and flea collars always worked for me.

from sarah-lou

hi, I've never had much success with bob martins flea products. But the Zodiac range of household sprays and flea collars always worked for me.

from sarah-lou

Please keep in mind the dog zodiac spot-on product that contains permethrin is toxic to cats.

z.

Gotta agree with everyone telling you to get some frontline. It really works wonders.
Our animals (3 dogs and 1 cat) were infested with fleas. I'd give our smallest dog Cid a bath every week w/ flea shampoo and 2 days alter, you couldn't even tell b/c the fleas had already came back.
I've gotten bitten up SO much this year. My ankles/feet look awful. I literally have hundreds of flea bites on my feet.

The only thing that has worked for us is Frontline.
We got a big spray bottle of the stuff from the vet for $50 or $60. Sprayed all the animals w/ it trying to get it on their skin... and now they're all flea free.

You're going to also want to vacuum as much as possible. While your cat may be flea free if you get some frontline, you'll still have flea problems on the floor. Make sure you get in the dark areas. I've read that the larvae go into the dark spots.
So yeah, frontline and vacuum every day in every single spot for a week or 2 straight to make sure you get all eggs and whatnot.

Most reactions

Back