FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I'd say flakes! I use the exact flakes you linked for my betta, and he won't eat anything else, including 2 different pellets and blood worms.

I'd say flakes! I use the exact flakes you linked for my betta, and he won't eat anything else, including 2 different pellets and blood worms.
Thank you for the response! I was thinking flakes also, because my neon tetras are used to them. :)

Given your fish, and the two link products, I would use the Flake but I would also get a container of Fluval Bug Bites. The neons will certainly go after these, and the Betta may too. But given how natural a food these are for all fish feeding from the surface, they are worth having. Even substrate fish like cories like them. Feed sparingly because they do tend to sink quickly.

Given your fish, and the two link products, I would use the Flake but I would also get a container of Fluval Bug Bites. The neons will certainly go after these, and the Betta may too. But given how natural a food these are for all fish feeding from the surface, they are worth having. Even substrate fish like cories like them. Feed sparingly because they do tend to sink quickly.
But are FLUVAL bug bites used as a primary food? Or a trea?

But are FLUVAL bug bites used as a primary food? Or a trea?

I feed them as a staple, but then I use three staple foods. One is Omega One's Veggie Flake, one is Fluval Bug Bites, and the third is New Life Spectrum Optimum Flake. I alternate so the fish have a different food each day with two "fast" days a week, and the Fluval Bug Bites is the one that does repeat. The seventh day is waterchange when they get the frozen daphnia and bloodworms as treats for having put up with the W/C.

Makes sense. I will probably just get the Omega One flakes and use them until I can get the bug bits. Thanks again. :good:

Most reactions

Back