Fishy Friends

double-trouble

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've got two goldfish ones a black moor the other is a fancy chinese goldfish. can anyone give me any suggestions for tank mates for my two little guys?? they will have a 36" long aquarium when its all set up not sure how big that is in gallons. want some colourful fish and maybe something abit different frog or snail maybe??
any ideas would be much appreciated!!!

Dont get standed gold fish as they will bully fancies and eat al their food as well.

As for other fancy goldfish i love red caps oranda's.

Bitterling are loverly coldwater fish but rearly see them these days, but that due to UK import law's.

Dwarf Clawerd frog's Xenopus laevis are tropical but I've never kepet them, not sure what temp they go down to. However seen them at room temp quite happy

Hey, i also have a tank similar size, 28 Uk gallon, i have 1 fancy goldfish and a black moor that will be moving in their soon. I no that my stocking level is ok going by the 20 gall for the 1st fish and 10 for the second.

I was also thinking about adding some very small fish in the future - does anyone think this is feasible? and if so what? Im not thinking about a lot, just a few extras to make the coldwater tank a little more intresting in the future.

ideas????????

got some white mountain minnows in with my goldy the black moor has died :rip:
the goldy keeps chasing them so be careful with them if yr goldy is big. tho they are fast little b******s the minnows so mine cant catch them!!!

Hey, i also have a tank similar size, 28 Uk gallon, i have 1 fancy goldfish and a black moor that will be moving in their soon. I no that my stocking level is ok going by the 20 gall for the 1st fish and 10 for the second.

I was also thinking about adding some very small fish in the future - does anyone think this is feasible? and if so what? Im not thinking about a lot, just a few extras to make the coldwater tank a little more intresting in the future.

ideas????????

Hi, was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this yet???????????????????

The 28Uk gallon tank will have 2 fancy goldfish of about 1.5 inches, is it ok to ad a small number of white clouds?????? say 5????

The tank has an internal filter with a strong flow (EHIEM AQAUBALL 2212) and is oxgenated well with plenty of plants and a cave etc for cover.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Bangit, I should think adding 5 minnows would be ok with goldfish your size tho when the goldfish grow an inch or so they will be at the size to see the minnows as a snack rather than friends!

As for other goldfish friends, i went into a LFS the other day and saw some weather loach in the goldfish tanks, not the prettiest of fish to look at, at 1st glace but when i watched them for afew mins they were real charictors. Ive already decided to get one for my coldwater tank.
They do grow abit large tho so only keep one tanks your sizes, but they like company! theres the dilema. Im sure the goldfish will be enuf company tho.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=35030

Thanks for that, are there any other species?

ive seen some fish that sit flat on rocks and suck the side of the tank in with the goldfish at the lfs but i cant remember what they were called.

cheers

Thanks for that, are there any other species?

ive seen some fish that sit flat on rocks and suck the side of the tank in with the goldfish at the lfs but i cant remember what they were called.

cheers

There will be loads of other fish you can use. Im currently trying to figure out what species to combine in my coldwater tank (that im still setting up) so il let you no as i find out any other interesting species i find.

ye that would be good, ill keep reporting back!

Most reactions

Back