Fishless Cycling Clear-up

I woke up this morning with my tank perfectly up to 84. :D I got my ammonia up to 4, but that took about 8 tests! It went up about .5ppm every time I put in about 8 drops, but at least I'm at 4! I will just test and wait untill the ammonia is at 1. Then I will bring it back to 4... (you can tell im doing the add and wait method)

Looking good so far. can't wait for the finished picturesRabbutLooking good so far. can't wait for the finished picturesRabbut

Thanks, rabbut. I can't wait either, or at least untill I get done cycling. Should I get some bio-spira? Does it do any thing?

Thanks, rabbut. I can't wait either, or at least untill I get done cycling. Should I get some bio-spira? Does it do any thing?

Never used it personaly, but I hear its effectiveness aries depending upon how it is stored. TBH, mature media would be a better option if it is open to you. If there isn't any mature media near you, then it would be worth a try. Only buy it if it has been refridgerated.

To keep you all posted.... my nitrites went down to .25ppm yesterday and are there today too. Hopefully they will be a 0 tommorow. I am planning on ordering plants tommorow so I will get them next friday (the 27th) Then I will get fish that weekend (the 28th and 29th)!! :fish: YAY! No more waiting for nitrites to go down! :thanks: bacteria!

I can't believe that I'm the only person thinking that your tank looks extremely precarious on that table. Maybe it's already been mentioned but ideally you will always use an aquarium stand, especially for a heavy tank like yours. Or you can get away with solid, sturdy furniture / a well built DIY stand. Yours ticks none of the above boxes so I would seriously consider moving it to something better.

:good:

Most reactions

Back