Fish won't eat

InvisibleKat

Reaction score
I have 17 red parrot fishes and one pleco, but one of my parrots (Angel) won't eat. The pH and ammonia level are normal, I changed the water 3 days ago, but it still smells like dead fish. I had angel for about 3 years, when I wave the bottle of food in front of them they all come to the surface for food. Angel has been experiencing color loss. I tried separating him from the others and added lots of food but that didnt work. He spits everything back out, I think he's throwing up. I'm out of ideas, I don't want to loose him.

is she blowing clouds with her food if so this can be normal as for loss of color this could be due too bullying or illness have you a pic of her so we can see for ourselfs this will help

My tank is 36in. x 12.5in. x 17in, 30gallons. I had Angel for 3 years, he usually bullies the smaller fishes. He not blowing clouds with his food, as he breaths he takes the food in but spits it back out. He also has heavy breathing and not much swimming. (I hope i haven't passed my cold on to him, we got sick at the same time)

Attachments

• Angel.JPG
    Angel.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 45
I posted this in your other thread

Have you tried different foods? Just feeding him a lot of a food it doesn't like won't work. Try some frozen blood worms, brine shrimp, krill, live guppies, live brine. Vary it until you find something he will eat. I am willing to bet he will readily accept blood worms or brine shrimp.

Thanks for all your advice but Angel died today. I tried giving him blood worms already but he rejected that too.

Sorry to hear about that, I hope the rest are still ok.

Most reactions

Back