Fish Tumor?

prue07

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My female betta has had a lump on her side thats been growing in size for about a month now. She's still eating and swimming normally but im pretty sure the growth can't get any bigger and im a bit concerned about whats going to happen. Is there anything i can do? Its huge now and i think its either a cyst or i guess....a tumor? if thats possible for fish..
Any ideas on what i should do?

I cant. All my photos are too many Kb's for this site.

post it to a site like photobucket and then link it in your post

sorry. no idea what that means let alone how to do it. Im technologically retarded.

Fish can gets tumors and cysts. Unfortunately it is difficult to treat either on such a small creature. Most people are encouraged to leave the fish be and when it starts to suffer, (stops feeding, doesn't swim properly, etc) then they put the fish down.

My female betta has had a lump on her side thats been growing in size for about a month now. She's still eating and swimming normally but im pretty sure the growth can't get any bigger and im a bit concerned about whats going to happen. Is there anything i can do? Its huge now and i think its either a cyst or i guess....a tumor? if thats possible for fish..
Any ideas on what i should do?

What is the color of this lump and how large is it? Does it look like there's something underneath or on top of the fishes skin creating this lump?

OK, well my fish is purple and the lump seems to be white, almost transparent. Definately nothing on the surface of her skin has caused it and i dont really think theres anything under the skin. Its really quite large, she's about 5cm long and id say the lump is at least 1cm long and 0.5cm wide.

OK, well my fish is purple and the lump seems to be white, almost transparent. Definately nothing on the surface of her skin has caused it and i dont really think theres anything under the skin. Its really quite large, she's about 5cm long and id say the lump is at least 1cm long and 0.5cm wide.

Could be a cyst then, treating the fish with an anti internal bacterial med may help the fish :thumbs: .

Most reactions

Back