fish tank instalation and maintaince

cla55y19

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
has or does any one know someone that does this? like goes to an office creats a aquarium and then maintains it?

cla55y19 said:
has or does any one know someone that does this? like goes to an office creats a aquarium and then maintains it?
nope. but its something I have had in my head for a while.

I have made a few enquiries with a couple of other offices near where I work and there is definitely some interest.

Intend on doing some further marketing research before I decide whether it will be viable or not.

steve

Yeah, i personally havent, but the LFS i work for does this. We design, build and maintain aquariums all over Yorkshire. It is also becoming far more popular... I've only ever helped out once but it was ace, we had to install a 10foot long marine tank, by 3' wide by 4' tall. It was wicked. There is a lot of interest, currently i only work saturdays, but every time i work there are people coming in asking about that service and how it works.... And theres always different invoices and letters of thanks on jobs well done. If you get a company like that going, then it could be very profitable!

Dman

i would one by doind a yell.com shearch for fish sotres n the manchester area but cnan;t tremmebr the name but they are definatly out there, would love to o that kind of thing setting up bigger tnaks then i wll ever own

@cla55y19- a friend of mine uses a firm that does this, let me know if you need contact details.

@thebaldranger- My company is a market research organisation. If you want to get professionals involved drop me a pm (but bear in mind that according to what you need this isn't cheap). If you want some advice on a personal level to help you decide on the best methodology etc, again just drop me a pm.

My initial thoughts are to start off "easy". and set up standard smaller tanks (55 gallons - 100 gallons maybe) for smaller offices.

Build up a decent customer base in the local area to which you can refer potential new customers to and initially expand that way. As DMan says, I can imagine it would be pretty profitable and, once a solid customer base has been created, hopefully the expansion to bigger things would come naturally.

The actual construction and implementation of the larger aquariums is out of my league (and out of my funds bracket!!) and the obvious thing would be to contract out in some manner or merge with someone who understands that aspect.

The sales, marketing, purchasing and maintenance would be my responsibility.

*steve sits quietly and ponders what he is going to do with his up and coming £millions!! :whistle: B) *

steve

Jules H-T said:
@cla55y19- a friend of mine uses a firm that does this, let me know if you need contact details.

@thebaldranger- My company is a market research organisation. If you want to get professionals involved drop me a pm (but bear in mind that according to what you need this isn't cheap). If you want some advice on a personal level to help you decide on the best methodology etc, again just drop me a pm.
thanks Jules.

I might very well do that.

I need to prepare some sort of draft business plan and finance plan first but once I have this sorted I would very much appreciate your assistance.

thanks again

steve

well im personaly thinking of starting this company i have the contacts for equipment and fish and i grow my own plants so im more than ready just getting some ideas the baldranger maybe we could talk more? wouldnt hurt having friends up north doing the same and same for you so to speak,has anyone got some company details i could use for some market research? ta

Great thing about this kind of business is that you with every new customer your level of regular, repeat maintenance income increases. If you can get customers to sign up to an annual maintenance contract where they pay in advance (ideally annually in advance, but quarterly is not bad either) by direct debit you're on to a winner. Then you just need to add in the extra invoices for new fish/plants etc. (The accountant in me comming out I'm afraid!)

Our business should be moving into new premises later this year. I've considered getting one of the companies in that put in and maintain plants. An aquarium in reception would be great. Would you get the office staff to feed the fish each day, but come in each week to do water changes etc ?

yeh obvioulsy me coming in each day to feed the fish wouldnt work unless someone wants to pay me for that :D i would supplie the foods and so on and come in once a week to maintaine it and replace dead fish hopefully that wouldnt be very often tho and add plants and so on what kind of price would you guys feel like paying for this survace ? an how much would you pay for someone to set up a 3 ft tank with everthing ? just trying to get an idea of how much money to ask for and wat i can afford to do it for

Most reactions

Back