Fish Stockin, 10 Gal

roemer

Reaction score
i have resently purchaced a 10 gallon tank, it is finished being cycled and i am ready to stock it. it is a community tank, how many fish would you recomend puttin in here and what kinds?

Thanks

I would say that it depends on what kinds of fish you were getting. It's a general rule of thumb to have 1 gallon per square inch of fish...the bigger the size of the fish you buy, the less fish you'll be able to have. If you're looking to breed, guppies, platies, or mollies are good choices and excellent for beginners.

I have just put 5 male Guppies n 2 Dwarf aquatic frogs in mine, i think thats just enough :nod:

tetras, guppies, white cloud minnows and other smaller danios are good, ottos. You could go with a betta as well

how bout those little freshwater crabs guys, i always think they look cool crawlin around the bottom?

Ive tried the crabs in my 10 gal thay always seem to escape and make a snack for my dog. just make sure with crabs u seal the holes in the top of the tank they love to climb. My daughters 10 gal have 4 corys and 5 fancy guppies.

Just make sure if you're gonna go with the 1inch per gallon, you consider the adult size. Not the current size of the fish :D
I'd say just get whatever you like.
My 10 gal is divided and will be housing 2 bettas :)

Most reactions

Back