Fish still have spots on day 7

Or it's just not very effective.

Keep trying to get photos or video to post of the fish in case it's not ich.

Never use any so-called "medications" for ich. Never. Most of these are snake oil, and you are likely to cause more stress and lose fish. Heat works. Increase the tank water temp to 30C/86F and keep it there for two weeks. Do a major water change now, to get as much of the "medication" out as you can. Aside from being basically useless, they can combine with heat causing further trouble for the fish.

If for some reason the ich is resilient, you can move on, but in 99% of the time the heat alone is safer and more effective than any treatment. So says Neale Monks, and that is good enough for me. Plus a marine biologist on another forum who said much the same thing, never use some of the toxic preparations. Characins (tetras, pencilfish, hatchetfish) are especially sensitive to any substances in the water, which is why many "remedies" say half-strength for these fish. But heat does not harm any of them. As @Essjay mentioned, in summer heat waves the tank temp can exceed this easily. Not a problem.

Never use any so-called "medications" for ich. Never. Most of these are snake oil, and you are likely to cause more stress and lose fish. Heat works. Increase the tank water temp to 30C/86F and keep it there for two weeks. Do a major water change now, to get as much of the "medication" out as you can. Aside from being basically useless, they can combine with heat causing further trouble for the fish.

If for some reason the ich is resilient, you can move on, but in 99% of the time the heat alone is safer and more effective than any treatment. So says Neale Monks, and that is good enough for me. Plus a marine biologist on another forum who said much the same thing, never use some of the toxic preparations. Characins (tetras, pencilfish, hatchetfish) are especially sensitive to any substances in the water, which is why many "remedies" say half-strength for these fish. But heat does not harm any of them. As @Essjay mentioned, in summer heat waves the tank temp can exceed this easily. Not a problem.
Ok, thank you. Deffo water change and up the temperature. To be honest this seams to be the general consensus. Thanks 😊

Just though I'd post an update, Iv read a few posts on different issues and people never come back to say if the advise was affective. I Can say switching up the temperature of my tank has cleared the Ich, I did lose my cardinal Tetras, but the other guys are fighting Fit. Strange the Rasbora were not infected, guess they are a hardy bunch. Just like to say thanks for your help on this issue, you have saved my tank. 😁

Just though I'd post an update, Iv read a few posts on different issues and people never come back to say if the advise was affective. I Can say switching up the temperature of my tank has cleared the Ich, I did lose my cardinal Tetras, but the other guys are fighting Fit. Strange the Rasbora were not infected, guess they are a hardy bunch. Just like to say thanks for your help on this issue, you have saved my tank. 😁
Always good to hear updates, glad the treatment was successful

Good to hear. In hindsight, the cardinals demise may have been more to do with the medication than ich, can't say for certain, but characins are highly sensitive to any medication/drug (many brands suggest half strength for these fish). Cardinals are certainly not harmed by heat, at 86F/30C. Anyway, glad things worked out.

Most reactions

Back