Fish Similar to Harlequin Rasbora

I appreciate everybody responding! I just woke up and was surprised at all of the responses.

They tend to be a bit shy and less hardy, but I've enjoyed celestial pearl danios. If you get the tank right, their personalities can be fun to watch. Beautiful fish.
I have had my eyes on CPDs for a long time, but at most of the stores (around here at least) they come out to around $7 each.

I agree that espies would be a great choice for a 29g. If you want personality and "playing like madmen," check out zebra rasboras. I huge school of them is really fun to watch, plus they're fairly indestructible (though prone to inbreeding). They have fish ADHD--always zooming around and up to something.
Astonishing colors there! I HAVE to get some of these guys. Maybe a school of them and a school of Kubotai!

Astonishing colors there! I HAVE to get some of these guys. Maybe a school of them and a school of Kubotai!
Just be sure you put zebras in a bigger tank. They are tiny but ACTIVE. Putting them in anything smaller than a 55 is kind of like keeping a group of kindergarteners in a walk-in closet. ha ha ha

Most reactions

Back