Fish Room Project

kiriyama

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi , thought it was time I started one of these journals.....

At the time of writing this I have 4 tanks..
48ltr, 95ltr , 190ltr, 240ltr
All Tanganyikan cichlids, Altolamprologus compressiceps sp. "shell", Cyprichromis leptosoma (Mpulungu), Neolamprologus kungweensis, Xenotilapia bathyphilus (Mtoto), Tropheus duboisi (Kigoma)

I am now going to strip down some tanks and start over :good: Here is the plan...

Interpet 48ltr "fishbox"
Photo1048.jpg

Planning to strip this down in the next few weeks, the 2 Kungweensis will go in the 190ltr temporary.

Elite 95ltr
Photo1047.jpg

Planning stripping this down this week, putting it all together as a kit and selling it on. Had planned on adding Caudopunctatus and housing the Kungweensis or Calvus but there has been a chane of plan. Currently holding a couple of Alto. comp "shell" juveniles. Looks like the community tank is going to get busy.

190ltr Community
Photo1049.jpg

This tank was going to et stripped very soon and sold off but I can hold off a bit.

Fluval Roma 240ltr
Photo1051.jpg

Currenty holding a juvenile group of Tropheus duboisi (Kigoma), I have these in the classifieds but I can't part with them now and so digging my heels in :wub:

And so onto the planned fish room...
At one end of the room....

Pan left
Photo1053.jpg

Pan Right
Photo1052.jpg

Down the middle
Photo1054.jpg

Photo1055.jpg

Just noticed the overweight bald guy lurking in the mirror ? Dang, I was hoping you would notice the 95ltr instead :lol:

Hmmm, the progress is the doors behind the 2 tanks, we are doing some "home improvements" and this is the one I am interested in, I am removing the door and all the shelving etc inside, after patching up and paintin up there will be uite a bit of free space, now if you're anything like me you'll be thinking of this equasion - free space =bigger fish tank :lol:
Had already been sorcing a 60"x18"x18" to put where the roma240 sits , this would house the dubs when they are bigger :good:
There is a about 2 and a half to 3 feet depth freed up after removing the wardrobe :good: So instead of a 5' I'm now looking at a 6' tank, was only looking at 60x18"x18" but now I'm looking at 72"x24"x24" :hyper: :drool:
This will house the dubs and will add a few small gobies.
The Roma 240 will hold the Cyps, Kungweensis, Alto. comp "shell" and maybe add Caudopunctatus.
If I can hold onto the 190ltr it will hold the Xenos (will up the numbers) and Alto. Comp. "shell", :good: maybe add something else :unsure:

I got these on 20/02/11 , it's great watching them grow, lookin forward to seein them in the 6' tank, Gobies will be added, even thinkin a couple of Leleupi for a splash of colour :unsure:

Photo1056.jpg

Photo1057.jpg

Photo1058.jpg

Photo1050.jpg

Photo1051.jpg

Photo1059.jpg

They are active so heres some vids instead :lol:

http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/kiriyama_01/?action=view&current=Video0181-2.mp4

http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/kiriyama_01/?action=view&current=Video0180-2.mp4

http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/kiriyama_01/?action=view&current=Video0182.mp4

Thanks for looking, planning on taking my time with this one, choosing the right tank, right substrate, right lighting, picking and finding the rockwork will take forever and a day, planning on a Fluval FX5 this time round, anyone with experience of these I would like to hear the pros and cons....
Cheers again, Sean

Not much to report other than I returned home from a long shift, the other half had blitzed the spare room, doors removed, some shelving, could have left the coving alone, going to make a start on this Wednesday :good:
I can see my new tank just sitting across this space, she reckons we'll have some finances freed up ath the end of April for it :hyper: :drool:

Photo1061.jpg

Photo1062.jpg

:fish:

Nice size room. Liking the tank with the sloping front!

I've only just seen this :blush:

So, a lot of chopping and changing then? Looks like you have it all covered though :good: I'm glad you're digging your heels in with the dubs, I know how much you've taken to them.

I'll follow this with interest, I'll be able to read about how many times you've almost pulled your hair out and how many cups of tea you've been able to fit in while getting everything sorted ;) :lol: :lol:

I've only just seen this :blush:

So, a lot of chopping and changing then? Looks like you have it all covered though :good: I'm glad you're digging your heels in with the dubs, I know how much you've taken to them.

I'll follow this with interest, I'll be able to read about how many times you've almost pulled your hair out and how many cups of tea you've been able to fit in while getting everything sorted ;) :lol: :lol:

I was almost getting the 5' , we are doing a lot of housey stuff just now, joiners etc, my better half just ripped most of the wardrobe out (she never liked it anyway) and suggested the 5' would take up less space in there :good: I instantly take advantage of this and say a much bigger tank would go but the dubs would be happy enough with a 6' :lol: and to opush my luck say they would like some Gobies as tank mates :lol: and a huge filter is the only way to go so they "need" an FX5 :lol:
Wonder what would happen if I mentioned a 3D background ? :lol:
On another note I still havn't finishes the 190ltr and I stripped the 95ltr today, 48ltr will get stripped this week :sad:

Thought I had better do something towards this today, stripped the 48 and the 95 :sad:
Got the last bits of shelving out , quite akward getting them down our narrow stairs, got me wondering how a 6' tank is going to get up there, not much of interest to show but the space is now cleared, put some tape down to mark out a 72"x24" footprint, I know if I bottle out and get 60"x18" I'll just want the bigger one :lol:

Photo1064.jpg

Photo1066.jpg

Photo1069.jpg

Photo1070.jpg

Photo1071.jpg

Photo1073.jpg

timor-green-1.jpg

t200x60_800.gif

AquStockImage.png

Cheers for looking, hopefully the next post will have a tank shot :hyper:

Cheer up, progression can be good and anyway, that space was made for a 72" tank :good: :good: :lol:

I really like the first background :drool:

Cheer up, progression can be good and anyway, that space was made for a 72" tank :good: :good: :lol:

I really like the first background :drool:

Timor Green, it's a beauty, :good:

I measured up and there is space for a 7' :hyper: , 6' will be fine though :lol:
Gonna leave those daft side partitions on, next step a big tin of paint and lots of splashing :good:

Hi, looking good, you going to have tangs in all your tanks in there?

A 7 foot tank would be brilliant :good:

Made a bit of progress today, received one of these....

Photo1091.jpg

... not just the box but the contents also :good: , I should have ordered up additional media for it, will try source some locally tomorrow :good:

After waiting in and selling both the small tanks... :byebye:

Photo1086.jpg

... I then made a start on this...

Photo1092.jpg

Photo1094.jpg

... it's grey, looks black in the picture...

Tomorrow will cover it in pond seal, put a sheet of glass where the doors used to be, cut a hole in the loft then add water and 6 Multies and let them get on with it :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed will have the filter up and running tomorrow, it's getting there :p

All change huh but a change is as good as a rest.....apparently :/. :lol:

The FX5 is very easy to set up, won't take you long :good:

All change huh but a change is as good as a rest.....apparently :/. :lol:

The FX5 is very easy to set up, won't take you long :good:

If I behave myself my better half will take me to MA, still havn't been yet, I'm sure they will have loads of media (and other treats) :lol: , behave myself ? I just parted with 2 fish tanks, that really hurt :lol: It's going in the right direction now :good:

Lol@behave yourself!!! And you are how old??? :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

Back