Fish Question For Starters

funnydemonfairy

Reaction score
i know this question has nothing to do with bettas but i have a friend who wants to get fish but she would like low maintenance fish that aren't goldfish, any tips??

Attachments

• dante.JPG
    dante.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 48
Well then tell her she can't get fish! just kidding, maybe some corys?

BTW-Is there a fluorescent teddy bear in that tank with the betta in it?

Yes, I was about to say the same, Feeshy. I kept goldfish for a few years, and they're one of the messiest fish I've ever had (admittedly, my experience is limited).

And she can keep multiple bettas. She just needs more tanks, that's all. :D

She could get a low-maintenance betta, and some cories.

That's what I was going to do, until i saw how much bobby attacked the termometer and decided he might be too agressive for that.

But there are also lots of other fish she an put with a betta. And bettas are cute and have great personalities. And the females are cute too!!! Some of them have such poretty colouring, my female is a pale irridescent pink.

I'm hooked on them.

And in the background, i think that's a pink castle

Attachments

• Heidi.JPG
    Heidi.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 44

But if you look closely on the right, near the betta's head, there IS this teddy bear sticker. :hey:

Sorry, off topic. :D

Hm.. How low-maintenance does the fish have to be? Cos if she gets a betta and has no intention of taking care of it properly, that's just sad.

BUT, I'd have to say bettas are the best fish. :hey:

But if you look closely on the right, near the betta's head, there IS this teddy bear sticker. :hey:

Sorry, off topic. :D

Hm.. How low-maintenance does the fish have to be? Cos if she gets a betta and has no intention of taking care of it properly, that's just sad.

BUT, I'd have to say bettas are the best fish. :hey:

yes yes, its a castle and a teddy sticker. the castle was for decor, the teddy... well, i was just bored.

Aww... She should see my females!!! They are gorgeous! :) Their colors are just as bright as a male's -- some of my females are tiny and dainty and oh-so-cute, and others are big, showy and bossy. They have so much personality!!! Of all my fish, the female bettas are my favorite. When I feed them, they literally jump over each other to get at the food. They will also eat right out of my fingers and jump out of the water to get food I hold up for them. They are such a crack-up! :wub:

I love my girls! :)

Of course, the trick with female bettas is that you should always start with no fewer than four in a ten-gallon tank and provide lots of hidey-places like plants and cavey-things. Otherwise they can get aggressive... set them up right and they will establish their own pecking order and get along very peacefully. :-D

Here's some pics so you can see how pretty they can be...

bettagardener

girlschowtime8.jpg

bettagardener

girlschowtime6.jpg

Some of them are a little chewed up from spawning... but I think they're pretty!!! :wub:

Now why did two of the pics not show up? Lemme try that again....

girlschowtime4large.jpg

girlschowtime5.jpg

I would like too see some pics of betta's you would sell BettaGarder :)

I only have one spawn going right now and the fry are 5 weeks old. It's too soon to tell how their color will turn out...

Papa is the red/black/white marble HM (Tinchi) pictured in the bottom row of my signature image, third from the left. Momma (Jewel) is a purple/red HM... she's the purple/red female in the pics I posted above with really shredded fins. Tinchi was a great father but a very brutal lover. :)

Most reactions

Back