fish photgraphy B&W

Starry^

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
:D
AS you know Bitchness is one of my fav fishies out of our lot, and I cant help myself experimenting with her as the subject for most of the photography I have been doing lately, Black and white is such a cool classic look, it seems to give pictures this timeless yet really old feel.
Anyone else have some B&W or artsy type photos of their fishies?
would love to see them :D :)

:thumbs:

Starry^

Attachments

• bitchney1.jpg
    bitchney1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 72
Hey Starry^,
Thats a very exellent piccie :nod: , keep at it!! ur pictures are looking great, nice fishy too ;) .

Nice B&W's. Very retro! Cool fish from the 70's. I'll get some B&W's up soon!

- kip

very nice b/w pic. I don't have any yet but hev been spurred to do so now, or maybe convert some colors to b/w with a little photoshop help.

The B & W of Bitchness was awesome !! :thumbs: Starry. So I tried one of my favorite pixs of Silvia & George in B&W and it's cool :D , check it out......

Attachments

• George___Sil0112.JPG
    George___Sil0112.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 51
:D :D :D :D
Totally cool LCnVa!
Yeh Im really into black and white photography)love to see some pics tanked :) ), I actually set our cam to black and white to take the pics using manual focus which makes for better quality, the only thing is to get the fish to stay still!! LOL :lol:
anyway - hope to see some more black and whites up here soon!
heres another one of Bitchness - its not as focused but i liked it because she is the centre of the picture.

Starry^ :p

Attachments

• bitchney2.jpg
    bitchney2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 64
Hi Starry^
I have used black and white to help highlight parts of an aquarium before, which is quite effective.
For example if you are trying to highlight a specific plant as in this pic:

Attachments

• lobelia_3.jpg
    lobelia_3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 72
Wow, Goby guy that's pretty tight lookin. Why not try the whole tank B&W but then leave all the fish colored, That would be REAL hot lookin.

-"letters"

Yep, you could do that too. lol
It is quite a useful technique for highlighting anything in the aquarium. :)

Heres my effort, Im completely new to taking photos of fish.

Goby Guy, How do you do the colour effect in photoshop 7?

Btw, this is jo (Leporacanthicus joselimai), my favourite catfish :)

Sorry bout posting twice, I mucked up the first photo deleted it and couldnt add again in the first post.

Attachments

• jogrey1.jpg
    jogrey1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 51
:D
WOW - Im very impressed with those pics, we just bought a plec and I think he will look amazing in B&W, I love that black white - with a plant coloured technique - its very cool!! how DO you do it?! :blink:
I use paint shop pro, havent used photoshop much but Im sure we have it, advice please!!
well done people -show me more!! Tanked hasnt added anything yet :p

Starry^

Oki
heres one of our cool plecostomus :wub: , in Black and White :D

Starry^

Attachments

• bwpleccy.JPG
    bwpleccy.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 72

Most reactions